We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

What are the on-going Costs of owning a Tablet

wee eddie
Resolved

Likes # 0

The cost of Buying one and which one to Buy are a different question, for later.

I have BT Broadband and one of their fancy wireless Routers.

What else would I need and what are the likely running costs

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

morddwyd

If you do a search for wireless networks from your mobile device you'll see lots of BT FON networks - these are BT Home Hubs & Business Hubs. You can connect to these FOC if you have a BT Broadband connection at home.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

alan14

I can assure you I am constantly searching for wireless networks from my mobile device ( a Galaxy Note, previously a Galaxy S1) and the only one I have ever found is my next door neighbour, not a lot of use!

Like this post
Confab

Likes # 0

morddwyd

Have you tried this? - Fon Network

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

Unfortunately you need to be able to access the Net to be able to download and use "The Fon Network" site, which makes it more or less useless if you are looking for one!

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

confab

As I said in my first post, of course you can log on and go looking for them, but that is not the idea!

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

What is the approximate range of one of these Fon Sites?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 release date, price, specs and new features: Convincing leaked photos show iPhone 6

IDG UK Sites

Gateway to your kingdom: why everybody should check and update their broadband router

IDG UK Sites

Netflix whips up 3D VR viewing room for Oculus Rift during company hack day

IDG UK Sites

Best Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014