We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

electronics-home.co.uk

columbia67

Likes # 0

Has any one had a dealings with this scam company They are not based in the UK, but in china I purchased a Dell latop battery off them in Nov11 It was faulty, did not hold a charge...they kept telling me to charge it for 12 hrs...drain it...follow this for 7 days even though their website says, they will replace faulty batteries, they have so for not replaced my battery...I have even returned it, on their instruction...and they have signed for its return, but 11 days after it was delivered, they still claim not to have it

How to I report them, tell people that they are a scam company, stop others using them and get them black listed

Read more: http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forums/20/absolute-beginners/4136968/electronics-homecouk/?pn=1#ixzz1tKzPdhsg

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

Caveat emptor.

I would not have used this company as the website is obviously not UK based. No contact address for a start - it is a legal requirement of UK companies to give a mailing address on their website. While Chinese batteries are usually OK the hassle you can have with some Chinese companies with customer service can be a right pain.

Like this post
Ted Weed

Likes # 0

Just to add to this - I bought a battery for an acer laptop from electronics-home.co.uk around Christmas and it lasted 3 months, now totally dead. Requests for a warranty replacement have been ignored.

I did think it would be a gamble when I bought the battery - although I have gotten good batteries from the far east before. Not this time though - I recommend people should avoid this company.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: 30 September marked for unveiling

IDG UK Sites

Gateway to your kingdom: why everybody should check and update their broadband router

IDG UK Sites

Netflix whips up 3D VR viewing room for Oculus Rift during company hack day

IDG UK Sites

Best Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014