We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

currys/pc world down

mole44
Resolved

Likes # 0

I have just tried this site and am informed due to high volume they've shut the site,strange for a monday morning or do i detect a ddos attack.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Same with me on both sites.

Thank you for visiting PC World, where we are in the middle of our annual sale.

Unfortunately the high volume of visitors currently accessing the website for great deals means we have had to take the website offline temporarily.

We are in the process of resolving this as quickly as possible for our customers, so please do check back later.

Thank you.

Like this post  
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

Can't see why anyone would want to visit either:-)

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Still down.Undergoing maintenance at the moment it says.

On a Monday morning.Would have thought that they would do that at the weekend sometime.

onthelimit1

Had to buy a cooker about 3 weeks ago and Curry's was the cheapest place to buy the Model that we wanted.And buying it on line we actually got another 7% off the lowest price.

So pays to shop around and in that occasion Curry,s was the best + free delivery.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Mole44

Add Dixons to the list and still down.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/04/23/dixonssitesdown/

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Oops,Looks like that is down as well.

Like this post
mole44

Likes # 0

Yes your right buteman i saw that as well something about a cut cable.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Recently Currys came to our rescue, but their free delivery and product disposal came into doubt.

Fridge/freezer failed overnight, and in the morning it was obvious that we required a replacement urgently. Currys have a large superstore about 3 miles down the road, so off there we headed. Looked around and chose the replacement unit we wanted. The advertised "Next day free delivery and free old product disposal", was not available for another 4 days (item purchased Monday,delivery and disposal for Friday?).

Luckily we had large enough transport to take away on the day. Due to the item not being free delivered by Currys or the manufacturer, we had to arrange with the local council, regarding collection and proper disposal of the old unit.

One other thing that came to light, after the sale. The item was guaranteed for one year, with a proviso of a further 4 years free parts, labour extra, if registered. On registering, we were asked if we wanted to insure the item for labour and parts for the full five years. Telling then no at the time. we still keep getting reminders that we should reconsider full insurance coverage.

On a plus note, the new fridge/freezer is working great, and I now hope it will remain so, or at least for as long as the old unit did. Price wise, we were also satisfied.

I know the above as nothing to do with the websites being apparently down. But thought it was well worth a mention!.

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

spuds

My freezer must be 36 years old so I am looking at others, trying to decide whether to pay up for a German one or not, bearing in mind running costs and reliability! Incidentally the Currys site seems to be running now.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

13in MacBook Air review, Apple's MacBook Air 2014 reviewed

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to buy an electric car and 5 reasons not to

IDG UK Sites

Evernote Skitch: the best way for creatives to doodle feedback