We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Security issue

ENIZ
Resolved

Likes # 0

I needed to purchase an electronic item. I asked a question with regards to the item in company A's enquirey box and received the info I required. I then went to compare the same item at a totally different company, (company B) and asked the same question with regard to the item, but when I received their reply they told me they did not need to tell me anything further as I had received this information already from company 'A'. My question is, how did they find out this information ie company 'B' knowing what company 'A' has told me? Regards Frank

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Same company different name maybe.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Perhaps you are considering that your computer as been hacked, or your information is being shared?.

But as buteman as already suggested, possibly the same company (group) or even contracted out customer service were dealing with your query?.

I had a similar experience the other month, when I requested further information from two retailer's selling the same item via their websites. Apparently their websites were redirecting questions to the manufacturer for answers, because the retailer's were only acting as agents, and didn't have the expertise for providing answers direct.

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...