We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Amazon price's

Dragon_Heart

Likes # 0

Ever use Amazon.co.uk ?

Next time you place an order try this :-

Go back to Amazon site a few hours or days later and recheck the price of your ordered item against what you paid ! Has it changed ?

Also I looked at an item on Amazon ( about £140 ) then checked the sellers own web site for same item …. £13 cheaper and yes both prices included p & p

Like this post
iscanut2

Likes # 0

Most of us in the UK will use Amazon.co.uk ( I presume ) Prices change all the time, sometimes to one's advantage other times not ! I keep items not yet ordered on a wish list and regularly check the prices and quite often they will change up or down. Although excellent, Amazon are not always the cheapest.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Have a look at the Amazon MarketPlace. Prices can change frequently, depending on seller, and perhaps more so with cd's and dvd's.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Cant fault their service.

Ordered 4 things late Friday night[bank Holiday]to be delivered using free post.,They arrived first thing Tuesday morning.

I have bought cheaper from Amazon by searching the internet and opening Amazon up from the different adds,And managed to get my Camera £10 cheaper that way.

Like this post
Pine Man

Likes # 0

Several times I have noticed that prices have increased on Amazon UKs marketplace after purchase but never go down.

As far as I am concerned it is irrelevant if a price goes up or down after you have purchased it. You see an item offered at a price you like so you buy it - end of story surely.

I have just bought some software off Amazon.com in the US, which is shipped to the UK by DHL and takes about 5 days and there is even provision for it to be returned!

Like this post
BT

Likes # 0

And don't forget to go to Amazon via the Nectar site and get your points. Every little helps!

Amazons Credit Card is also worth looking at. Quite a long interest free period and Amazon Points as well.

Like this post
Starfox

Likes # 0

Whilst I can't fault Amazon I have noticed that with some of the market place items that I have put in my wish list when I check back a few days later they are often offered at a lower price.

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

In the cut throat world of internet retailing prices change often.

Remember that many of the items in the Amazon Marketplace will be sourced from either the Far East or within the Euro Zone, so the Sterling price will be subject to fluctuations in exchange rate

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

alan14

The bad side to it is they have One of those off shore accounts which either limits the amount of tax they pay in the UK or they don't pay tax In the UK.I believe Ladbrokes are the same if you are going to have a bet on the Grand National today.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Oops.I hope I got that right about the off shore accounts.Read it somewhere during the week and cannot find it now.

Like this post
Pine Man

Likes # 0

Buteman

Amazon UK are 'based' in Luxembourg with the UK being their distribution centre thereby avoiding UK tax.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

5 things we want to see in Android M: New features and fixes

IDG UK Sites

iPad mini 3 release date rumours: 'iPad mini Air' will be 30 percent thinner than current model

IDG UK Sites

Introducing generation tech

IDG UK Sites

This animated film reveals the importance of designing for everyone