We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

anyone with a samsung note

sunnystaines

Likes # 0

my htc desire contract ends in the summer, will not get another htc and thinking about the samsung note, it seems like a larger ver of the samsung galaxy 11.

anyone got one can give feedback please,

looking to have "3" network,android, [looked at windows phone software its dreadful] and have the wifi tethering option so i can use it with my netbook for the net.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

I've had one for about a month (upgrade from a Galaxy S).

It's a bit of cross between a larger Galaxy S and a smaller Galaxy 7" tablet.

I got it mainly because the larger screen helps with my eyesight problems.

So far I am happy with it, though I'd prefer to see it with the latest o/s version. It comes with Gingerbread, but I assume an upgrade will be available soon.

Sorry I can't offer much in the way of a practical review, but it's early days, and as I said, I'm happy with it. It still fits in the average shirt pocket!

If there's anything specific post again and I'll try to answer.

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

morddwyd

thanks for the reply, a user feedback is so much better than the mag reviews where someone plays with it for half a hour then writes a review.

have you found any protective case that fits its size, i like those new bubble wrap style cases but not seen any large ones.

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

morddwyd

a software upgrade due Q2 2012 called ice cream not sure why it has such a daft name.

do you have a use for the stylus pen?

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

Upgrade is actually called Ice Cream sandwich, even dafter.

It appears they are in alphabetical order - Froyo, Gingerbread, Honeycomb, ICS!

The case I use is this one

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B006DUTNU4/ref=oho06s00i00details

I do use the stylus sometimes. My fingers are more suited to planting potatoes than touch screens, and even with a larger keyboard, if I'm doing than just pecking out a shopping list or similar I use the stylus.

However, you don't really need it for everyday use, as the screen is very responsive. It's very unobtrusive and it just sits there.

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

morddwyd

thanks might get one when the time comes, what sort of contract did you get, they all seem like 2 yrs down this way, and prices per month vary quiet a lot between suppliers.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

I don't use the phone enough to justify a contract, particularly when most of the networks pre-load with lots of useless apps, and modify the o/s so that you have to wait for updates.

I saved my pennies (and my Christmas money!) and went PAYG.

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

morddwyd

good point. my htc has social network ones like facebook etc is there away to delete them.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

Not that I have found, but you can have a look at the user manual here

http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/GT-N7000ZBAEUR-downloads

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

thanks

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

morddwyd

done a tour of the stores today now set on the "note" one point i like is an option to block phone a number. But what is strange is that both phones4u and carphonewarehouse will not give a contract with "3" no idea why my present carphone htc desire is with "3"

went into the "3" store they were by far the most helpful even gave us one to play around instore with and had no problem with questions and showing off the functions. But now block tethering wifi unless you go for the £38 a month option which i think is a bit expensive or pay an extra monthly £5 charge.

got two months to go so h0pe prices drop and the other shops sort out contracts.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Netflix to introduce price increase: New subcribers to start with

IDG UK Sites

Apple financial results: iPhones, iPads & Macs sales for Apple's Q2 2014, plus shares to split

IDG UK Sites

Twitter - not news

IDG UK Sites

See Moo Studios' new animated advert for Blue Moon beer