We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

I'm After a Cheap Linux Printer - Suggestions Please?

Input Overload
Resolved

Likes # 0

I'm looking for a 'cheap & cheerful' printer that will work OK in Linux - I have a Kodak printer that works well in Windows & as a network printer but I want a basic USB printer that will be mainly used for text docs & the odd map or basic screen print etc.

I've look on Linux forums but some recommended ones are nor available any more or not in the UK - Ideally someone who uses 'X' printer successfully in Linux would be helpful.

I don't need it to print anything elaborate as these are done fine from within Windows via the Kodak AIO - A printer that has cheapish compatibles would be nice.

I can just about get the Kodak to run in Linux but it's a lot of hassle as there are no drivers for Windows for it & other solutions are a hassle.

Like this post
ronalddonald

Likes # 1

im using a canon pixma ip2700. It works on Linux mint and ubuntu

Like this post  
Input Overload

Likes # 0

Thanks for that I was thinking either Canon or Epson - I'll look into that - Thanks for the input.

Like this post
Input Overload

Likes # 0

Getting the Epson S220 which is going 'cheap' at the moment so should be fine for Easter ;-)

Like this post
Input Overload

Likes # 0

The Epson S220 installed in under a minute without any fuss & found the drivers off the net itself - Obviously it's not the most robust or fastest printer on the market but at £29 I'm certainly not complaining - I’ve paid more than that for cartridges.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Very best Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK: Latest bargains on phones, tablets, laptops and more...

IDG UK Sites

Tech trends 2015: 3D printing grows up

IDG UK Sites

Will I be affected by VAT MOSS? Here are the facts for designers and artists

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 UK: Apple deals, Amazon deals & Black Friday tech offers