We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Where do you buy your trainers from

finerty

Likes # 0

Where do you go to buy your footwear trainers from?

Is it the internet where please

is a shop in the town center.

Like this post
ordep

Likes # 0

M&S

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

Dont wear trainers - I wear sandals, from internet and high street. Not much help am I ?

Like this post
The Kestrel

Likes # 0

If you don't need the latest styles, then Sports Direct, either online http://www.sportsdirect.com/ or at your local shopping centre offer good value.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

If you try Sports Direct, then go to one of their local stores for a comparison of your needs. Then have a look at their on-line offers, for the same product. I have daily email promotions and offers from them, and some great bargains can be obtained, especially if they are overstocks or store clearance returns. Delivery is usually next working day, which you can usually track.

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

If you're wearing trainers for their intended purpose - ie sport - then you really need to make sure they're comfortable.

I buy mine for Sports Direct, where I can try them on and walk around in them.

Then whilst in the shop I check if they're cheaper online using Shop Savvy app on my phone. If they're only a couple of quid cheaper online I buy them from the shop, otherwise they go back on the shelf and I buy online

Like this post
Condom

Likes # 0

I normally buy mine from Tesco Lotus or Big C in Bangkok and I never have to pay more than £10 for a very good pair.

Like this post
QuizMan

Likes # 0

As someone who claims to still be a reasonably competent athlete, I would never go anywhere except a proper running shop. I am happy to pay a bit extra for expert advice and from people who understand my needs.

And when the shoes are worn out, I use them for gardening.

Like this post
SB23

Likes # 0

I have to trawl through the Ebay pages when in need of new trainers, as I have "canal barges" for feet. Its not always because of the size but more recently the style of the trainer. I have used others but the last few pairs were from Ebay, brand new, and more often than not with a 30% saving, and you know me I like the word "saving", lol!

Just for info, my last pair were from a shop in Cardiff, but can't remember their name, sorry.

Like this post
raziel08

Likes # 0

Probably in the same boat as SB23. I buy mine from brantano online as they are the only retailer to sell size 14 (UK).

Might not have a big selection but they do some reasonable ones and for a decent price.

Like this post
HondaMan

Likes # 0

Trainers?

Never wear 'em. Bad for your feet.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Very best Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK: Latest bargains on phones, tablets, laptops and more...

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday feeding frenzy infects the UK

IDG UK Sites

VAT MOSS: Will I be affected by the EU VAT changes? Here are the facts for designers and artists

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 UK: Apple deals, Amazon deals & Black Friday tech offers