We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Led dave

Led dave

Likes # 0

Hi.my rear view camera on my ford c max is flickering (intermittent) the ford dealership has advised that there is water ingress causing this problem.the warranty has three months before it expires.ford are saying it does not cover the water ingress.can someone please advise.regards

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

They may not cover "Water Ingress" but surely they must cover "Insulation Failure"

Like this post
cruiser2

Likes # 0

Have you seen the wording which Ford says does not cover "water ingress" Surely, failure of the camera is covered and it seems as if Ford are trying to get out of replacing an expensive item. Do they think cars are only driven in dry conditions.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

What rubbish1 Of course water ingress is covered. What if the window or door seals were leaking, or water was spraying up through the floor?

Things like bulbs etc are traditionally not covered but water ingress certainly is.

This is an "unfair or unreasonable trading condition" and is a matter for the Office of Fair Trading.

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

I'd certainly go back and challenge them - if it's 'not fit for purpose', they must be liable. The threat of action if they don't respond positively (but be nice to start with!) will probably convince them!

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

You could ask here http://.www.consumerdirect.gov.uk or if you are a member of a motoring service, then ask there.

Might also pay to do a Google or similar search for the same problem. If there are a number of similar fault responses, then you would have evidence to back a claim.

If you only have three months left on the warranty, then make sure that you have kept some records as to what as happened so far, including the response from Ford. You may need it!.

I had a 'leaking' problem with the tailgate rubbers on a new estate car. Eventually I managed to get the local dealer to replace the seals and re-align the door, but it took a little doing!.

Like this post
Led dave

Likes # 0

Hi Manythanks for all your input.I will certainly chase the dealer again Regards

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date, price and specs 2014

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 features wishlist: the changes iPhone and iPad users want in Apple's iOS 8

IDG UK Sites

25 Years of the World Wide Web: Happy Birthday, Intenet

IDG UK Sites

Developers get access to more Sony camera features