We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Acer Customer Service is great

Maturin

Likes # 0

I wanted to let readers know that Acer Customer Support in UK is wonderful.

Background to this tale is a faulty Acer Iconia A500 after a corrupted ROM update. The machine is 10 months old.

Collection, repair and return within 7 days is fantastic service.

And no charges because the machine is still under warranty.

I wish all technology companies offered such marvellous support for their products.

Like this post
finerty

Likes # 0

I know from my own personnel experience that ace are not exactly honest.

Like this post
finerty

Likes # 0

yes they may of approved this year, i owned a n acer around in 2002, they weren't the best then.

Like this post
finerty

Likes # 0

and here's a little link acer no the best in the world

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

finerty

But if you look at the last entry on that list (which started in 2006), you'll find similar plaudits to those in this thread.

Like this post
Ventad

Likes # 0

finerty

When I contacted Acer support they stated that they endevour to return items within 7 working days of recieving them, they send an email with a returns number and address note and tracking number for the pick up (mine was by UPC)they send you an email on reciept from the courier,and another email when it is complete and ready for dispatch and to be picked up, along with the new tracking number. my computer arrived there on a Monday and arrived back on Thursday what more could you ask for.

If it was not like that over six years ago somebody has kicked bottom on the UK side and good for them. As for your statement that the web site was rubbish you must have been looking in the past without updating your grey matter (sorry about that but you do seem to make unfounded statements that are coming from the stone age). It was only you saying that, that I went onto the acer.co.uk site and realised how good it was to others that it was obvious that you had not been on it.

Like this post
Ventad

Likes # 0

buteman

have you been onto the acer.co.uk site FAQ put in your exact model, there is one question that you can download their HDD checker for problems etc and many more. I will duplicate this on your thread.

Like this post
Condom

Likes # 0

Well I can't say that I was over impressed with their helpline. Twice they failed to call me back and despite me reading the entire ACER label on the back of my faulty 22" monitor to them they failed to recognise the model. (Just as well it is a spare)

Nothing major is wrong with it apart from the off/on switch not working correctly. They wanted £60 plus postage costs before they would even look at it.

Upshot is that I will take my broken monitor to Thailand when I return and I will probably get it repaired in the local Acer repair shop in 30 mins for a couple of quid and I will use it over there and save myself the cost of buying a new one.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Android One vs Android Silver vs Google Nexus: What is the difference?

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 review: Hands on with the iOS 8 beta

IDG UK Sites

Thinking robots: The philosophy of artificial intelligence and evolving technology

IDG UK Sites

How to shoot a robot rom-com in three days