We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Acer Customer Service is great

Maturin

Likes # 0

I wanted to let readers know that Acer Customer Support in UK is wonderful.

Background to this tale is a faulty Acer Iconia A500 after a corrupted ROM update. The machine is 10 months old.

Collection, repair and return within 7 days is fantastic service.

And no charges because the machine is still under warranty.

I wish all technology companies offered such marvellous support for their products.

Like this post
rickf

Likes # 0

Good to hear as I have the same tablet

Like this post
HondaMan

Likes # 0

Yes. I had to return a laptop as the keyboard was faulty. Service and attitude was excellent. A perfect example of how things should be done

Like this post
Ventad

Likes # 0

Yep same here back casing of Aspire one 722 unclipped and bowed, picked up last Friday delivered on to Acer Monday received back today Thursday. Well done Acer

Like this post
finerty

Likes # 0

I like to let you know acer arent hat great, i find their website quite confusing and unreliable

Like this post
Ventad

Likes # 0

finerty, I think you missed the point, we were talking about the service that we received from acer not the web site. I have just spent 15mins on the UK website and found it no problem at all, I clicked on all their clearly labled links an was passed through to each area that I wanted to go with no confusion at all. Indeed I found it good, even a link to recalls etc.

Like this post
Input Overload

Likes # 0

I had shied away from Acer for a while as I read some time ago the service was not good - I see I was wrong - Good to hear when things go well, brain updated.

Like this post
finerty

Likes # 0

sales and marketing ploy yep new it along

Like this post
Ventad

Likes # 0

*FINERTY*

(sales and marketing ploy yep new it along)

I know that I should not rise to the unfounded statement that you have just made but you really have not done your homework on the persons adding to this thread. Just making an off the cuff statement that you cannot substantiate.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Only contacted them yesterday because the grand daughters laptop crashed and she needed the restore discs..

Either £56 or £65 was quoted from them for sending a couple of discs that probably cost pennies to make.

Ok grand daughter should have downloaded the discs herself from the computer but she did not know how.

Why do they not supply them with their new Computers instead of making customers download them themselves.

Like this post
finerty

Likes # 0

Ventad i says what i believes.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date, price and specs UK: Is this the actual Note 4 - video

IDG UK Sites

How Apple, Adobe, Microsoft and others have let us down over UltraHD and hiDPI screens

IDG UK Sites

How Ford designs next-generation cars at its Melbourne Design Centre

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 release date, rumours, video, UK price & images: iPhone launch event confirmed for 9...