We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Auriol Weather Centre IAN 37966

flycatcher1
Resolved

Likes # 0

Is there anyone out there who owns an Auriol Weather Centre? I have a problem with re-set and the instructions are, well don't ask.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

flycatcher1 - I have got an AURIOL mini radio-controlled weather station (IAN 48999) purhased from LIDL, a few months ago - I will check out the reset instructions - might be similar/appropriate to your gadget.

Unfortunately have to pop out at moment.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

Can't find it, flycatcher1...but still looking.

Like this post
flycatcher1

Likes # 0

Thanks for the effort AitchBEE. I can set mine up satisfactorily but then it always reverts to Berlin geographical. Nothing against the Germans but I would prefer to be my nearest to be London.

Like this post
Terry Brown

Likes # 0

As you purchased it from LIDL a few months ago, try asking them for help via the contact help page http://www.lidl.co.uk/cps/rde/xchg/lidl_uk/hs.xsl/6491.htm

Terry

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

It may use DCF77 the time service from Berlin that is on 77.5KHz not MSF from Anthlorn that is on 60KHz. It need to be retuned but there is nothing in the manual to tell you how to do it - I've looked!

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

I have the Ventus W155 but I think is the same machine.

It does - in the manuals German section, page 22, it says it gets it time from DCF-77

If am correct about your machine being the same as mine you could ask [email protected]

Like this post
flycatcher1

Likes # 0

Thanks for all comments and help. I will give Lidl a go but I bought my unit nearly two years ago. They are on offer again on Monday and I am thinking of buying one as a present for a friend's birthday. I will have crafty look at the Manual before I wrap it up.

For £19.99 is is cracking value and the only real problem is the fact that it is necessary to select a nearby city and not your actual Lat & Long. A nitpick really.

Like this post
Lazarus The 2nd

Likes # 0

Page 9 Click here

Like this post
flycatcher1

Likes # 0

Lazarus The 2nd Thank You! If ever I meet you the beer is on me.

It never ceases to amaze me how many people on PCA Forums are so helpful and know so much.

Thanks again. The Birthday Present may have to wait.

Like this post
flycatcher1

Likes # 0

Lazarus The 2nd. Manual Downloaded and safely filed. Problem fixed, easy when you know how. Thanks again.

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Hands-on with Sony's latest smartglasses

IDG UK Sites

Apple TV expert tips: get US Apple TV content, watch Google Play, use multiple Apple IDs and more