We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Fridge+freezer lottery.

buteman
Resolved

Likes # 0

Recently my old freezer packed in but as they came in a pair Freezer and Fridge we had to renew both.

Wife wanted silver so ordered them both from the Co-operative and when they arrived and I was installing them,The wife noticed that they were two different shaded of Silver,As they were side by side they looked out of place so phoned the Coop and they said because they are made in different factories they could not guarantee that we would get a perfect match.

But credit to them they offered to pick them up and return the payment for them and they are being picked up today.

So now we have to order another two from elsewhere I decided to phone one of the UKs biggest company's to see if it was possible to get a matching pair fridge and freezer and got the same reply as the coop gave me although it was a different make that I was buying.

This is the question asked.

Enquiry: Are all silver fridge and freezers the same shade of silver, Bought a fridge and freezer from Belko and have to return them because the are a different shade of grey. Just wondered if yours were all the same colour or can you buy them as a matching pair.

This is the answer that I received.

Unfortunately I cannot guarantee that 2 silver items will be the same shade. This is because different materials are used in the different factories where we produce the silver appliances, which in turn makes the silver appear that it has a slightly lighter/darker shade than others.

I do apologise that I cannot be of more help.

I suppose if you manage to get both the same shade of grey would be like trying to win the lottery.

Looks like a take it or leave it situation.

Anyone else ever have the same sort of problem.

Of course the only one that is not going to win out of this is me if the next two don't match I Will need to get some cotton wool for my ears.

I have told her to get white instead as there would be less chance of a colour difference with that choice.

But No she wants the Lone ranger I'm afraid.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

correction: That should have been Certificate of Destruction (CoD). The DVLA would be notified at the same time.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Apple's 2014 highlights: the most significant Apple news of 2014

IDG UK Sites

Watch this heartwarming Christmas short by Trunk for composer John Rutter

IDG UK Sites

Ultimate iOS 8 Tips: 35 awesome and advanced tips for using iOS 8 on iPhone and iPad