We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

ADSL2 Modem/Router

iscanut2
Resolved

Likes # 0

I have had a Netgear DG834G v3 for a number of years now. It may not be as reliable as it once was and I am thinking of changing it. Can anyone recommend a similar, easy to use, uncomplicated router that could take its place. It is used with cable to my desktop and a laptop and net book access it wirelessly. I do not want a top of range one, just one that will work well and not expensive. Thanks.

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

I have a Belkin SURF N300 Wireless N Router. See Google for specs. About £50. I am sure ther are others but I find it quite good. I have it cabled to desktop and a broadband phone "black box" and wireless to a laptop and iPod touches. Good strong wireless through thick walls of a biggish house.

Like this post
iscanut2

Likes # 0

Thanks John

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

I've got a Zyxel NBG-419N, cost around £40 from Amazon

http://www.zyxel.com/uk/en/productsservices/nbg419n.shtml?t=p

When I bought it it wouldn't connect to Talk Talk, but a quick call to Zyxel tech support quickly identified the problem and they emailed a firmware fix that sorted it out - very good service and a very reliable product.

I now have a Zyxel router, gigabit switch and wireless range extender...

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

That link is broken - try this instead

Like this post
iscanut2

Likes # 0

Thanks. Thought I might have had lots of recommendations but will tick as resolved and sort something out myself.

Like this post  
rdave13

Likes # 0

My standby Netgear router just died a quick death so looking for a cheap one as backup to my D-Link. Will be going for this one, http://www.novatech.co.uk/products/networking/wirelessnetworking/wirelessrouters/adslroutersbtline/td-w300kit.html

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 review: The best iPad mini and Nexus 7 rival tablet around

IDG UK Sites

Which Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014

IDG UK Sites

Mobile email is powerful and useful - but also hopelessly intrusive

IDG UK Sites

Samsung lights up London skyline with Midnight Rainbow