We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Laptop Advice

niallc91

Likes # 0

Hi guys, just looking for a bit of advice on a new laptop.

I've fairly screwed on when it comes to tech, but I'm by no means an expert so a push in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Essentially, my current laptop is outdated and fairly broken, my keyboard is frazzled and its performance is on the way out.

Looking for a new laptop for the next couple of years of uni, probably looking in the price range of around £400-£700.

Main uses will be surfing the internet, listening to music and doing work, but I'm also partial to a game of football manager and total war type games so I'd imagine a decent graphics card would be required.

Can't think of anything else thats essential, probably need a decent size hard drive but I have a 1tb external one so it's not an absolute requirement.

So yeah, thanks in advance to anyone that can help.

Like this post
ICF

Likes # 0

How about this Asus N55SF

I have one and it plays games like Darkness II or Call Of Duty Modern Warfare no problems.

Like this post
WontFindItCheaper

Likes # 0

What about a Toshiba Portege R630-14T.....you can get them refurbished for like £500, new there like £800. Don't let refurbished put you off btw it is as good as new, looks new, comes in new packaging...need I say more.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons not to wait for the Apple Watch: Why you shouldn't buy the iWatch

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

How Emotional Debt is damaging digital design

IDG UK Sites

iPhone buying advice: Should I buy an iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 5s, or iPhone 5c, or wait for7......