We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

ebay stars

jaraba

Likes # 0

Bought something from ebay & when I went to give feedback and star rate the seller I discovered that if a seller has free delivery they automatically get 4/5 stars. Do you think this is a good/bad system as you could get free delivery but a bad/good experience.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

"if a seller has free delivery they automatically get 4/5 stars".

I have just completed some eBay feedbacks, and the only thing that I notice with free delivery, is the delivery stars are blanked out, with an explanation at the side. "Why can't I enter this rating- Free P&P automatically gives the seller a 5 star rate" (on how reasonable were the P&P charges?). If its free, then you might consider that the P&P charges warrant top marks?.

The other 3 tick boxes/lines for star rating, are available to rate the seller and includes how fast the delivery was, which is then for you to decide.

Like this post
jaraba

Likes # 0

Thanks Spuds

Didn't notice the other tick boxes. Will have another go later.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Netflix to introduce price increase: New subcribers to start with

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's new OS X Beta Seed Program: Run pre-release versions of OS X on your Mac

IDG UK Sites

Why our gadgets will kill us all: bleating notifications, too many chargers and the proliferation...

IDG UK Sites

See Moo Studios' new animated advert for Blue Moon beer