We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Zoostorm any good?

ivesy

Likes # 0

Seen this on ebuyer http://m.ebuyer.com/338527

Which seems very cheap compared to Zoostorm PC's on Dabs, Amazon and Micro Direct.

Has anyone bought one of these from ebuyer? If so what are they like, reliable?

My budget was up to £500 but i dont mind paying a little extra for a system like this. I'm just a little suspicious why it appears so cheap! I have windows 7 home and an average ati grfx card already from my old PC.

Any help or alternative suggestions would be very welcome.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Not sure about m.ebuyer is that the same as this.http://www.ebuyer.com/338527 or is it from somewhere different.

Cant comment on the computer but you get it without an operating system,Monitor or keyboard or mouse.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

I purchased a Zoostorm computer from Ebuyer about six months ago, that was on special offer. With mine, I got a keyboard and mouse, plus W7 installed. Purchased extra ram at same time to full motherboard capacity. No problems so far.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Haven't used or heard too many bad things about e-buyer. This machine looks OK for the price but you will need to contact E-buyer to see the power rating for the PSU, as you will no doubt want to upgrade the CPU's graphics capabilities, at a later stage I think. Although 8 GB ram should be more than enough, be aware it has only two slots for ram so any upgrade for ram will be more expensive.

Like this post
canarieslover

Likes # 0

I have an i5 desktop that I purchased from them eighteen months ago. No problems with it whatsoever so I can't comment on after sales support because I haven't needed it. Not the most stylish of cases but I don't buy a computer just to look at. My son has a couple of their earlier machines that are still going strong after thirty months of being continuously on without any problems other than self induced software ones. I would certainly look at Ebuyer when I am next in the market for a new machine.

Like this post
ivesy

Likes # 0

Hi and thanks for the replies.

I just think a system for under £500 with a near top of the range cpu (I7 2600 3.4) and 8 gb memory seems very cheap compared to other manufacturers. I think i'll go for it but just a bit worried the rest of the components are pants!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best January sales 2015 UK tech deals LIVE: Best New Year bargains and savings on phones, tablets,...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Best Photoshop Tutorials 2014: 10 inspiring step-by-step guides to creating amazing art,...

IDG UK Sites

Apple TV expert tips: get US Apple TV content, watch Google Play, use multiple Apple IDs and more