We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

How long without car insurance before you loose your no claims bonus.

buteman
Resolved

Likes # 0

Just wondering when and if you loose your no claims bonus.

I have my van off road with no insurance since last August.Just wondered if there was a time limit for being able to use your no claims bonus.

Just had a quick Google and it came up with this.

If you are not currently insured, any No Claims Bonus earned under your last policy can usually be transferred, providing it expired within the last 2 years. The period of grace allowed may differ depending on insurer and policy type. Some insurers allow No Claims Bonus that is up to 3 years old with others it becomes invalid after 12 months. Some will decline to accept bonus altogether where there has been a break in cover.

Anyone any experience of claiming your no claims bonus or been turned down recently because it has expired.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

alan14

looks like you were correct the price I quoted was the highest price charged that day.

And of course I worked it out at 5 litre's to a gallon and by your calculations it is only 4.52.

Mind you it is still to expensive and I can only see it getting worse.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Now that we have changed the subject to fuel prices, perhaps we should emigrate, buy a large 4x4 fuel guzzler, where its cheaper to get drunk on petrol or diesel than water :O)

Filled up yesterday in my neck of the woods, petrol at £1.317 litre.

With regards to the 'free' bus pass, most council's are now complaining that the government are not providing enough funds, and the council's are having to provide extra. Not sure if its the end of this year, or the next two years, but a review on 'free' bus passes are due, and it might not be favourable!.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

spuds

Filled up yesterday in my neck of the woods, petrol at £1.317 litre

Not that long ago you could get a gallon for that and we were still moaning about the price.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

The price has came a long way since 1960 when a gallon of petrol was the equivalent of 25p in today's money.

Wonder if we will see another fuel strike in the near future.

Like this post
HondaMan

Likes # 0

with most companies it is 2 years, some, Aviva, allow 3.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Thanks for the advice HondaMan.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nexus 6 vs Samsung Galaxy Note 4 comparison: What's the best Android phablet?

IDG UK Sites

The iPhone is doomed. Doomed to be marginally less successful than a very successful thing.

IDG UK Sites

How to prototype native mobile apps without writing code

IDG UK Sites

How to prepare for and update to OS X Yosemite: Get your Mac ready to download & install Apple's...