We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Cat Food

Terry Brown
Resolved

Likes # 0

I was unable to get the tin food I normally buy for my cat, so I thought to try another well known name (starts with K and sounds like a chocolate biscuit).

My cat seems to like it OK, however when I looked at the Label (Contains Turkey in big print), I saw it only contains 1%- Yes one part in a hundred of turkey and the rest is Meat and animal derivatives, cereal and protein, on reading further most of this is in-organic chemicals.

How can a product that advertises in large print the 'MAIN' flavour only contain 1% of that product.

It must be OK for the cat otherwise they would not be allowed to sell it, however to me it seems wrongful advertising.

As you may have guessed I normally read the labels before I buy products , but this was in a 6 pack and the contents were not displayed on the outside.

Terry

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

Some years ago my wife looked out of the window one Sunday morning and saw our cat tucking into something very large on the lawn.

Investigation revealed that it was a beautiful joint of sirloin beef!

It was hurriedly brought indoors and the rest of the day was spent indoors with the curtains drawn, dreading a knock on the door (he was a magnificent Sealpoint Siamese, and fairly distinctive and well known roundabout)!

We never did hear of anybody who had lost their Sunday joint.

Like this post
BT

Likes # 0

Many years ago we had a dog that wouldn't eat canned dog food. The only meat she would eat was Liver,heart and stuff like that from the butchers. She did however love vegetables and would steal carrots from the garden. Her absolute favourite was cucumber.

Like this post
Terry Brown

Likes # 0

It makes you wonder what is actually in the food the we (and our animals) are actually eating, especially the 'Ready meals', and how much is actually good for our health.

Terry

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Terry Brown

Last year, Jamie Oliver did a program in America, and he demonstrated what was in most of the ready-meals people eat (in its basic form). Not one person he was showing the items to, wanted to eat the stuff. When he explained, that the contents before them, was what they would eat on a regular basis, there was shock and horror in the air!.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

LG G Watch R video review: The most desirable Android Wear smartwatch

IDG UK Sites

Apple's 2014 highlights: the most significant Apple news of 2014

IDG UK Sites

2015 creative trends: leading designers & artists reveal the biggest influences & changes coming th)......

IDG UK Sites

Ultimate iOS 8 Tips: 35 awesome and advanced tips for using iOS 8 on iPhone and iPad