We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Customer services at Misco the charm or lack off

jul

Likes # 0

I was asked by the daughter what I wanted for Christmas so I thought hey I should build that computer I've been on about, so said well you could buy me a motherboard and cpu, I suggested Dabs or having a look around so she finally found misco and brought the items from them, well tried to buy both items, having been told oh yes we have the items you want in stock, No they had the motherboard and could not get the cpu till February, ok so she brought the Board, now to the point of the post We had to send it back as after a call to them they thought the board may have a fault so we sent it back now normally when you call customer services you get helpful people so far I have had 3 people that need to re-evaluate there job role as I always thought that they were there to be polite and to help, I was wrong they have been somewhat lacking in being polite or helpful all I know is that the board makers have it and the 10 days it was going to take to fix has passed by another 10 days leaving me without the computer which I use for my work and fun sitting around gathering dust its the first time we have brought from Misco and the Last, I thought at least being a big company they may have professional customer service people, sorry for the rant.

Like this post
jul

Likes # 0

Ok as promised have new from Misco this is what I received from them.

Good morning,

Thank you for sending the details through to me.

I can confirm we have received a replacement unit from the manufacturers as they could not repair the faulty motherboard.

We can either send you that replacement or give you a full refund for the original unit. Could you please confirm how you wish to proceed?

At no point in any of our numerous Calls have we ever told them that we do not want the board back or a replacement sent to me, I really don't know why now after 24 days of them have item back they have not just issued another, they have just dragged their feet, Sorry but as a first/last time buyer it just does not fill me with confidence. They have had enough time to do a good job and have failed, so far I will update tomorrow to let you know if we can just get what we have paid for.

Hopefully they will be able to advise me tomorrow why this has not been dispatched from the warehouse.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Perhaps the reason that they didn't issue another board was that they needed to send the original back to the manufacturer's for test. If they had not done that then they could have been stuck with a used board. After a long delay they are now giving you the option of having a board or your money back. I don't see anything wrong with that. What appears to be the problem is the lack of communication from them telling you what they were doing.

Like this post
jul

Likes # 0

This the reply we had and what we were told via the phone last week.

I can confirm we have received a replacement unit from the manufacturers as they could not repair the faulty motherboard. This is the first email we have had from Misco.

The issue is the customer services have been rubbish, from telling me I would get the board back on Wednesday then telling me it had not been sent for unknown reasons.

" Perhaps the reason that they didn't issue another board was that they needed to send the original back to the manufacturer's for test. If they had not done that then they could have been stuck with a used board".

As the board was brand new as mentioned at the beginning of this thread they would not be stuck with it, it has a Warranty for 3 years from the Manufacturer so that issue would not come into play. I have never had this problem with any other Seller be it for computer item or car part suppliers as I have with Misco. its unfortunate as I did think due to there size they could do a good job. I do hope to find out if they can complete the job today.

Like this post
jul

Likes # 0

Well It Happened I have got my Motherboard back at last, With some help from The missus, and help from 2 of Misco customers service members I did today get the replacement board i have ben waiting for, I am now ( ugly thought) dancing naked round it,Im that pleased to have it back,lol. Im still unsure as to if we would purchase from Misco again, but id like to thank Here comes me Oscar speech, thanks Kerry for trying to sort it out and for Tracey Parsons Senior Customer Service Agent for getting ti back to me after 26 days many thanks

Like this post
MiscoCS

Likes # 0

Thank you confirming you have now received the replacement unit.

Once again I would like to apologise for the length of time this query has taken to resolve for you.

If I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards

Kerry Campbell.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Microsoft Band UK release date and price rumours, features and specs: Microsoft smartwatch unveiled

IDG UK Sites

Why Sony's PS4 2.0 update is every gamer's dream (well, mine at least)

IDG UK Sites

This Grolsch ad combines stop-motion & CG for majestic results

IDG UK Sites

Apple rumours and predictions for 2015: What to expect from Apple in 2015