We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

care homes and treatment

Terry Brown

Likes # 0

Have you seen this site and the poor reaction it got on TV today. http://www.goodcareguide.co.uk/

It asks users of care services (and care homes) to comment on what their treatment is / was like.

The reaction from the 'Head of Care homes UK', complained that it may cause some homes to close down.

All I can say is that if they do not come up to a decent standard they have a choice, improve or close.

On the other side of the coin, the better ones will receive more enquiries and will thrive.

Every other service is open to scrutiny, why should these homes be allowed to hide behind closed doors, as once a relative is inside, it is often too late to do anything about it.

What do you think?

Terry

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

There appears to be reports coming out today, that Cynthia Powers the £200.000 pa CEO of Care Quality Commission as resigned after 4 years in the job.

This may stem from a damning report about cutting inspections in favour of paperwork, and the failure of taking action about abuse at Winterbourne View Care Home in Bristol, that was part of a television investigation and program.

Taking what I had said in an earlier post about the Select Committee investigation, I think the outcome would have been the same. There is the question now, about a substantial NHS pension rights increase, that involves Cynthia Powers in her time as CEO, that was being questioned and investigated by the Select Committee.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Now I am not sure where I picked up this bit of information but I was told that for everyone staying in care homes there was a budget of £1.50 a day to feed each one and that was to cover all of their meals.

Like this post
Terry Brown

Likes # 0

Buteman

£1-50 a day??

Maybe £1.50 per meal, unless they are fed on, as in Dickens Time 'Gruel and dry bread'

Terry

Like this post
Terry Brown

Likes # 0

It would however be interesting to see how they actually get their 'Costings'

I know they have to pay for:-

The building (rent - Morgage)

Electric (heat & Light) Electric (Cooking etc)

Staff costs (£x per person times x persons)

calculate number of staff allocatted to each person and percentage of senior staff per person

Food (buy and preperation)

Insurance (Public Liability)

Wear and tear (replacement bedding etc)

Laundry (boil wash ?)

Senior management costs

Profit Margin

Have I missed anything out?

Terry

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Apple's 2014 highlights: the most significant Apple news of 2014

IDG UK Sites

Watch this heartwarming Christmas short by Trunk for composer John Rutter

IDG UK Sites

Ultimate iOS 8 Tips: 35 awesome and advanced tips for using iOS 8 on iPhone and iPad