We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Are Citylink the worst couriers out there?

Al94
Resolved

Likes # 0

Seem to be in light of my experience this week and various reports I found online today.

I received a text from them at 5.46pm on Monday 13 Feb to advise that a consignment I had ordered would be delivered between 07.30 and 17.30 on Tuesday 14 Feb. I checked the status of the order on their tracking site lunchtime Tuesday and saw the the delivery had been rescheduled "at my request"(which it clearly wasn't) and would now be made on Wednesday 15 Feb. When I rang them they said it was because the order had not arrived at the local depot.

I waited in all day today and by 17.30 there was no sign of the delivery despite the status showing from 11.00am that it was out on a van for delivery. Spoke to their customer services after 17.30 who were able to tell me that there were 20 out of 85 deliveries not made and said they would escalate by query and someone would call me straight back - I am still waiting.

Easily the worst courier service I have ever experienced and there seems to be countless other complaints.

Like this post
bremner

Likes # 0

From my own experiences both personal and business over the last 10 years, receiving parcels from all the major courier / delivery companies and many local companies, one stands head and shoulders above all the others for failing to meet delivery dates and damage to parcels and that is...

...City Link

Like this post
rickf

Likes # 0

Let's have some input about your experience of good couriers. In my opinion DPD is one of the best. On the morning of delivery an email is sent to tell you when the item is going to arrive within an hour window. This is so helpful as I often have to wait the whole day for the delivery with other couriers. Why can't others adopt the same procedure? They have not failed me to date, fingers crossed.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

mole44

If you complain to Royal Mail nowadays, you might be in for a serious surprise on how their customer services work.

I have just had a big issue with Royal Mail, regarding past agreements. If you look at the card the Royal Mail left you, it will no doubt clearly state "As requested, your item has been left: 'With your designated neighbour", or "In your official 'Safeplace' as detailed on the item".

Royal Mail through the customer services, including top level review panel, have told me both verbally and in writing that the Do Not deliver to designated neighbours (their licence doesn't allow them!). If you want to use their Safeplace system, which is only being trailed in some areas of the UK. Then you would need to inform the sender of the item, who would then have to write on the item package, the SafePlace location ( a wheely bin if preferred and regarded as safe!). This information would be available to anyone seeing or handling the item, so much for Safe or SafePlace?.

I even followed this on with Royal Mail via my local newspaper. Royal Mail management gave an initial response on how great and customer responsive their service and customer services were. When others wrote to the newspaper, giving their concerns and complaints on bad experiences regarding deliveries, the Royal Mail management remained silent!.

Apologies for diverting from City Link to Royal Mail.

Like this post
mole44

Likes # 0

Spuds the royal mail guy didn't even have my parcel in hand,all he delivered was a "sorry your not in" note,he did look sheepish when i popped out and asked where my parcel was. he just went into the van to retrieve it.

Like this post
bobbybowls

Likes # 0

i believe city link and home delivery network have combined and are now called yodel.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

bobbybowls

CityLink is part of Rentokil Initial PLC.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

I ordered a number of items yesterday morning, and have been informed that Yodel are the selected couriers. I was given a tracking number, but so far the tracking number is not recognised.

I only hope the Yodel prove effective, and not like some reports about their failures on the build-up before the Christmas period. I suppose its a case of wait and see for Tuesday or Wednesday, as promised, otherwise I might be Yodelling?.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

There is a petition on the Amazon website for them to stop using Yodel.

I must admit they have delivered, and collected, for me on Amazon's behalf several times and I have no complaints.

Like this post
finerty

Likes # 0

No ive had problems with DHL

Like this post
WontFindItCheaper

Likes # 0

City Link are the best, DHL are terrible....

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Sony Xperia Z3 Compact review: A better deal than the Z3 and most smartphones

IDG UK Sites

Why people aren't upgrading to iOS 8: new features are for power users, not the average Joe

IDG UK Sites

Framestore recreates ancient China for Mr Bean's martial arts misadventure

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 review: Insanely fast and alarmingly thin. Speed tests, camera tests and more