We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

virgin media price increase

polish

Likes # 0

a short while ago virgin media announced a free speed upgrade on there internet speed today i received a letter announcing a four pound a month price increase so not exactly free.

Like this post
polish

Likes # 0

my area is ellesmere port as i have already stated iam not happy about the price rise but mainly about the way they do things saying something is free when in reality it definitely is not.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Well I suppose R/B has got to make some money to help pay for his new bank and new Bingo game.

I have the Evening and weekend phone deal with them and I am sure it used to start at 6pm at night and now starts at 7Pm.Of course I may have got that wrong I don't know.

If you have the phone deal with them what they charge for phoning in between times is pathetic.It is far cheaper using a mobile phone instead.

If you phone them and get any satisfaction out of it let us know how you got on.

Like this post
polish

Likes # 0

buteman you are correct about the change in the phone times and when i have it sorted i will let everyone know how i got on

Like this post
polish

Likes # 0

i have spoken to virgin and they say the only way is to reduce my broadband speed as i do not download hardly anything but no way round the price increase my current speed is 30mb and reduced to 10mb with there speed inrease in the summer rising to 20mb have checked with sky and the price difference is five pounds after the increase but then if box packs etc with virgin there is no charge for repair or replacement.

Like this post
Input Overload

Likes # 0

I got a letter to the effect of I'm being speeded up to 120MegBit & my overall price is dropping from next month so I'm pleased. I've always had first class service on BB Telly & phone from VM in the past 3 years or so.

Like this post
frybluff

Likes # 0

The problem with Virgin is that, in many areas, including mine, they have a total monopoly of bundled services, and THEY KNOW IT. Even though we have a brand new fibreoptic supply, at the bottom of our drive, no one seems able to connect us to it. Infinity rollout is due at the end of the year, so perhaps I'll be able to get Virgin to NEGOTIATE, then!

Like this post
Terry Brown

Likes # 0

I see Sky are increasing their monthly charges,what are the chances that Virgin will as well?

Terry

Like this post
Terry Brown

Likes # 0

As Sky are putting up their prices, what are the chances that Virgin will as well, after all they are (supposed to be) Independent of each other.-- Who am I kidding!!

Terry

Like this post
CurlyWhirly

Likes # 0

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Looks like Virginmedia is out to screw their customers.

http://hexus.net/ce/news/communications/34829-virgin-media-increasing-call-broadband-charges-april/

Before you say that is a bit harsh I have not that long ago taken out a new contract with them for 18 months and now they will be wanting to charge me extra.

I thought a contract was just that.They tell me a price .I agree with it and we are both happy.

But Virginmedia does not see it this way.lets screw him for another £3 or £4 a month he is tied to us so will not want to leave.

We have to abide by their contract so how can they change it whenever they want.

I understand those that got those new Tivio boxes are going to pay the most with that going up to £4 or £5 a month on its own not counting the other increases,

Free Evening calls used to start at 6Pm and they have now moved that to 7Pm all call charges that are not free are going up in price as well.

And if you do not know how much they charge for calls you will be unpleasantly surprised by how expensive it really is.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nokia Lumia 930 review: The flagship Windows Phone 8.1 smartphone

IDG UK Sites

Live Blog: Apple financial results, record June quarter, 35.2m iPhones sold, $37.4b revenue

IDG UK Sites

Welcome to the upgrade cycle - you'll never leave

IDG UK Sites

Why smartphone screens are getting bigger