We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Buying a Kindle from some one other than Amazon.

bgrave

Likes # 0

I am thinking of buying my self a Kindle; I can go down to my local Tesco buy it and get my Club Card points. Is there anything you do not get if you buy it from any body other than Amazon

Like this post
frybluff

Likes # 0

It makes no difference where you buy it, as long as from someone reputable, so you know you are getting a genuine AMAZON Kindle. If you then purchase your downloads from Amazon, you know there will be no compatability issues.

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

yes and no.

yes --- Amazon have a very good reputation for customer service another shop may not be as good. If it goes wrong in the first 6 months and you have to return it the it may take a little longer going via a third party.

No --- you should get the same product.

Like this post
canarieslover

Likes # 0

I have bought two from Tesco so as to take advantage of the club card points and also the £10 off that was available about three weeks ago. Just register them and that's it.

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

As others have said, with Amazon you get their impeccable service and bullet proof warranty.

With Tesco you'll get service, be it good or bad, depends on the day of the week and the weather outside.

There'll be no difference in the product, and once registered with Amazon you'll be able to download Kindle books from their site...

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

If you want a discount, then Amazon might offer this in a 'cash-back' form, if you apply for one of their credit cards. Argos run a no-interest scheme on their credit cards. John Lewis may still do.

You might find Tesco have a discount arrangement via their Clubcard Rewards scheme, that's presently running. You would need to check this, I am not sure whether it applies yet, and assuming you have and use a Tesco Clubcard!.

Like this post
bgrave

Likes # 0

Ok people thanks for your input.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

LG G Watch review: Android Wear smartwatch is the best around, so far

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

See Glasgow 2014 in UHD as history is made