We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

TomTom updates

Salut
Resolved

Likes # 0

I am getting a little frustrated with updating my TomTom Go 1000 Live.

For the past two weeks I have been informed of updates being available. When I access the website and click 'Get Updates' either the download hangs or nothing happens.

This morning I am informed that there are now three updates available-again nothing happens. I have twice posted queries with TomTom support and each time I am told, we are aware of the problem! Like the downloads, nothing happens!! I have fired off yet another email...

Has anyone else had a similar problem with their TomTom? Better still, do you know of anyway I can get TomTom to provide the service they are supposed to do!

Like this post
iscanut2

Likes # 0

Is this a free service or one you have paid for ?

Like this post
Input Overload

Likes # 0

I am unimpressed with the TomTom map updates, it seems they see it as an ongoing revenue stream yet many issues on maps never get fixed regardless.

I won't be buying a TomTom next time I get a new SatNav as others do free map updates, & it seems dedicated satnavs are feeling the pinch with GPS built into smart phones & hopefully this will change what I consider to be a bit of a rip off on this companies part.

Having said that for the likes of me who travel around looking for places in cities & towns I've never been in satNavs cut down my stress enormously as I do not have any sense of direction & all the city maps remain under the seat.

Like this post
Salut

Likes # 0

Input, totally agree! The hassle with juggling a map and trying to see where I am going simply disappeared. I did get a reply from TomTom late yesterday. Their instructions basically suggest uninstalling the home3 folder and reloading. I have actually uninstalled the complete My TomTom file and reloaded afresh, I did that first thing and so far all seems well. I am disappointed that my original query has taken so long to get a response. The TomTom forum is quite busy with similar questions regarding the updates failing, some go back months. I shall hold my breath for the rest of the week and trust that I get no more problems.

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons not to wait for the Apple Watch: Why you shouldn't buy the iWatch

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

How Emotional Debt is damaging digital design

IDG UK Sites

iPhone buying advice: Should I buy an iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 5s, or iPhone 5c, or wait for7......