We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Bank on Line - R U Happy with ther security

SparkyJack

Likes # 0

Over the years this topic been much discussed.

Inevitably my input put has been- I never bank on line- because of my view that a new security measure is soon breached,

Tho days Click on BBC or on the web seems to amplify my view.

enter link description here

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

So have I.

Just a bit surprised that my bank should be pushing it along with with Rapport.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

morddwyd - Barclays have been offering Kaspersky Suite for free for some time now. They would rather people have a anti-virus and anti-malware suite as it is perhaps surprising how many do not bother with such an essential. Kaspersky also provides a virtual keyboard and is good against phishing.

Like this post
Input Overload

Likes # 0

R U Happy with their security'

Yes & I'm also happy with my security which is just as important as my banks too. I have never had any issues with any financial transactions whatsoever online. I actually think its safer than walking around with a wallet full of wod.

I know quite a few who have lost real money though by having their purse or wallet nicked.

Like this post
proudfoot

Likes # 0

I also have never had a problem with internet banking though both my wife and I have had problems with credit card accounts. My wife some years ago found a balance transfer from a CC account she had no knowledge of and I had 4 transactions on my card 2 London Congestion Charges and 2 airline tickets at the time I was staying in a hotel in Northumberland. My card provider phoned me to check if they were legitimate. My wife's problem took a couple of months to sort out but mine was sorted within a week. In a similar vein my step son was talking on the phone to his CC provider as they had phoned him about suspicious transactions when the operator said "Oh dear someone is trying to authorise a payment to a betting site." His problem was sorted out within days.

Like this post
HondaMan

Likes # 0

I have always declined to use thte bank's own security, Rapport, preferring instead to use my own, AVG! I also have software that checks for other "nasties" like keyloggers and a full scan of my system is done overnight at least 4 times each week.

Like this post
tigertop2

Likes # 1

To me it makes sense to have as many security layers as are compatible with each other when doing online banking. I have Rapport as well as a number of other programmes all working harmoniously together. If I was using AVG I would certainly want Rapport running alongside it plus a couple more

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

HSBC offer McAfee as a freebie, should customers want it, to be used in addition with Rapport

Like this post
Bald Eagle

Likes # 0

Just remembered that a few years ago my French bank told me to type my account number into Notebook and copy and paste it from there into their site.

BE

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK: Latest bargains on phones, tablets, laptops and more this...

IDG UK Sites

Tech trends 2015: 3D printing grows up

IDG UK Sites

10 mind-blowing Oculus Rift experiments that reveal VR's practical potential

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 UK: Apple deals, Amazon deals & other Black Friday tech offers