We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Bank on Line - R U Happy with ther security

SparkyJack

Likes # 0

Over the years this topic been much discussed.

Inevitably my input put has been- I never bank on line- because of my view that a new security measure is soon breached,

Tho days Click on BBC or on the web seems to amplify my view.

enter link description here

Like this post
Pine Man

Likes # 1

I have no problem whatsoever with on line banking.

All of my savings, banking accounts and credit cards are managed on line and over the last 10 to 15 years I only had a problem with one credit card that was not down to a breach of on line security. I also do most of my purchasing on line without any problems and run all of my household and car insurances on line as well.

I do find it strange that some people will not bank on line from the safety of their own home but are happy to access ATMs in public. Similarly those same people are often happy to pass all of their credit card details on line to various companies to purchase products.

Clearly nothing is fool proof but the, minimal risk, in my opinion, is worth it for convenience and to obtain improved interest rates and cheaper prices.

Like this post
Wuggy

Likes # 0

I completely agree with Pine Man.

Like this post
SparkyJack

Likes # 0

Pineman and Wuggy

Quite agree with the ATM issue also- however it is alo easy to get round that one- certainly in my case

When I do the weekly shop- I live alone and my cash needs are modest- I simply take 'Cash Back' when I pay by debit pcard.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

I use on-line payment methods for settling credit cards I use, but it did make me rather concerned when trying to pay Barclaycard over a period of three months last year. There were problems with Barclays verification procedures. Checking this problem with Barclaycard, I was merely informed that they knew about the problem, and that they would deal with it as what appeared to be a non-priority issue?.

Since then,it would appear 'safety maintenance' as been done, and as a result I have never been asked by the Barclays safeguard procedures to verify, and payments have been made without verification?.

Like this post
Pine Man

Likes # 0

'I simply take 'Cash Back' when I pay by debit pcard'

A transaction that is carried out on line through the shops computer system;-)

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

'I simply take 'Cash Back' when I pay by debit pcard'

I'd rather be walking round with a piece of plastic in my pocket that can be replaced if stolen, than cash that can't

Like this post
Bald Eagle

Likes # 0

I have dealt for years with 2 UK banks and 1 French bank online with no problems. Useful for when I bring things out to Brittany for friends.I tell them the cost they go online with their bank and transfer money either in €'s or GBP. Simples.

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

I completely agree with Pine Man too

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

Are banks happy with their own security?

I have been using Rapport, as recommended by my bank, for some time, but this last week they suggested I use AVG, and offered a sis months subscription free trial!

Like this post
proudfoot

Likes # 0

morddwyd

Rapport protects among other things, keylogging. AVG is for virus protection and all PCs should have this or other virus protection installed.

I have always used AVG free for almost 20 years now since the days when viruses were transmitted on floppy discs.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Alpha vs iPhone 5S comparison review: Metal smartphones fight

IDG UK Sites

Gateway to your kingdom: why everybody should check and update their broadband router

IDG UK Sites

Fonts review

IDG UK Sites

Best Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014