We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Dial Direct insurance

interzone55

Likes # 0

Has anyone used Dial Direct for car insurance.

Just had a quote off the Meerkat and and when including breakdown & legal cover and monthly payments they come out best value, but I'm a little concerned that I've not heard of them previously and a quick Google reveals they're a brand of Compare The Market's parent company.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

I think that you may well find that some of these 'compare' companies are more involved than they appear to be.

A company called BSL of Peterborough seem to represent quite a number of well known insurance companies,so it might pay to check this before completing the transaction. They even issue annual renewals or initial claims, and have direct telephone numbers that appear to be a direct contact to the insurance company that you are using?.

One of our vehicles was due for insurance renewal the other day. Checking out some of the 'compare' websites, I was being quoted by a couple of company's that I had never heard about before. As an example, I have heard about Swift or Sheila but never Elephant (which seems a new kid on the block)?.

Like this post
sidecar sid

Likes # 0

Elephant are more like the original kid on the block.Elephant

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

sidecar sid

That's very interesting , as I hadn't heard of them before. When I did the 'compare' check, Elephant was one of the cheapest, and the Admiral quote was further down the list, and dearer. Perhaps goes to show, how the 'same owners' can provide different rates for the same item!.

Like this post
frybluff

Likes # 0

Make sure your quotes include one from LV (Liverpool Victoria). They were MILES cheaper than anyone else, for mine. It sent me scurrying for the small print, but seems OK. They were even a lot cheaper, when I came to renew.

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

frybluff

I have had quotes from LV in the past that seemed cheap on the surface, but when I added in the breakdown service, legal cover (essential to get back excess in case of a non-fault claim) and monthly payments interest they dropped down the list

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Apple's 2014 highlights: the most significant Apple news of 2014

IDG UK Sites

Watch this heartwarming Christmas short by Trunk for composer John Rutter

IDG UK Sites

Ultimate iOS 8 Tips: 35 awesome and advanced tips for using iOS 8 on iPhone and iPad