We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Virgin Media

fifty-and-some

Likes # 0

Since October I have had trouble with broadband speed.

Regular periods of between 2 & 4 Mbps, and when I signed in here just 0.51mbps.

I am on up to 20Mbps, never achieved that. I occasionally, and I mean occasionally receive 14Mbps but the majority is 8 or under with long period of under 4. Worst of the constant total breaks in supply.

I can’t trust it for banking or Skyping.

I have been advised I am being upgraded to 60. I would settle for a guaranteed 10.

I have put in 3 complaints to Virgin but have frankly been plain bullshitted.

I have the phone – broadband – TV package.

How do I get Virgin to act honestly? Do I have to change, and are all broadband suppliers tarred with the same brush?

Like this post
octal

Likes # 0

I've been reading this thread so I thought I would relate my dealings with VM. My connection has been very patchy since July last year, the problem I am getting is packet loss of anything up to 50% which not acceptable in anyone's books.

I went to their community forum and had one of the VM engineers check my connection and found a problem at their server, they also generated a ticket number and gave that to me, I wasn't satisfied that this isn't going to be repaired until April/May this year, so I wrote them a letter enclosing the ticket number and the ping logs telling them I wasn't satisfied paying for a broken service, I didn't phone them because I don't do India.

A few days later I got an email from one of their customer service staff apologising and offering to halve the cost of my service until its fixed. Although it isn't going to get my connection fixed I have accepted that as they are aware of the problem and they are going to repair it in due course, if it isn't then I'll continue with the discount. It slows down mostly in the evenings, which of course is the time that I want to use the internet, but I'll be patient.

I suspect they are not going to repair it until the doubling of the speed that is going to happen around that time for our area.

Like this post
fifty-and-some

Likes # 0

CEO Office came back to me today. Basically confirming that the past months I have been bull shitted.

As with Octal it will continue to at least April/May, with same offer of reduced price.

I am moving in 18 months so the hassle of changing is not worth it.

I expect VM is on a par with other ISP’s. But that is not a compliment considering there shouting of how good they are.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

9shouting of how good they are.]

Maybe come back to haunt you when you join your next ISP.Hope not but you never know.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date, price and specs 2014

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 features wishlist: the changes iPhone and iPad users want in Apple's iOS 8

IDG UK Sites

25 Years of the World Wide Web: Happy Birthday, Intenet

IDG UK Sites

Developers get access to more Sony camera features