We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Virgin Media

fifty-and-some

Likes # 0

Since October I have had trouble with broadband speed.

Regular periods of between 2 & 4 Mbps, and when I signed in here just 0.51mbps.

I am on up to 20Mbps, never achieved that. I occasionally, and I mean occasionally receive 14Mbps but the majority is 8 or under with long period of under 4. Worst of the constant total breaks in supply.

I can’t trust it for banking or Skyping.

I have been advised I am being upgraded to 60. I would settle for a guaranteed 10.

I have put in 3 complaints to Virgin but have frankly been plain bullshitted.

I have the phone – broadband – TV package.

How do I get Virgin to act honestly? Do I have to change, and are all broadband suppliers tarred with the same brush?

Like this post
fifty-and-some

Likes # 0

A hour on the phone with VM on Monday, a lot with hanging on while superiors were consulted. Thought I might of been getting somewhere, but no.

Informed there is no such item as an email address for the CEO, and they would not offer an engineer. Anyone got the email address please?

Modem is a Sientific Alanta installed January 2010. Single use cable to the one PC.

Automated message on phone yesterday advises that a fault has been found. Yet another fault!

There are a lot of new home gone up around me. Is it possible that that VM have oversold and can't actually supply me correctly as they have sold my supply twice - three times over?

It would explain the run around I am getting.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Next time you phone just ask for disconnections as you are leaving.

When they put you through to that they will ask you why you are leaving.

Just explain why and wait and see what they say.if no help tell them to disconnect you.Then sit back and wait and see if they call you.

You have a month to change your mind.In that time they should phone you a few times.

They should at least offer you a refund.So far it has never failed with me I always get a bit of action from them.

Go on their Forum like i said and see what they say.They all work for Virginmedia and are usually very helpful.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

If you want the CEO email http://wwwceomail.com (might not be up to date?)

If you want to contact Virgin Media's trade association http://www.cisas.org.uk (Complaints about some ISP's)

You could also contact Ofcom, and make a complaint there, but they will only record the problem, and not act on individual complaints (This is a government body working for the interests of the public?)

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Whoops, looks like I forgot the dot, in the first link! Try http://www.ceomail.com

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Hopefully, I'll get that 1st link right now!. Try http://www.ceoemail.com

Like this post
Input Overload

Likes # 0

Maybe moving to Infinty might be a good idea, I get a good speed with VM but it seems many don't. If you let VM know you wish to leave and state unrealistic speeds as the reason the ball is in VM's court.

I'm interested why you are not using the hub that Virgin supply though, you must have your reasons for this.

And what reason do VM give as to why they will not send an engineer out? I had an issue with slow speeds a few days ago & found that a kinked coax from the wall socket to my hub was the problem. I caused this when my UPS had problems & the wire was squashed under it, looping the coax without any tight bends sorted it.

Like this post
fifty-and-some

Likes # 0

This is the replacement update modem VM supplied.

I shall try the forum.

I am good at poker, but is the end game VM are over subscribed, and need to lose some demand.

Like this post
Input Overload

Likes # 0

fifty-and-some, I think you are probably right, it does seem to be a bit of a post code lottery with VM from looking in the forums.

Hope you get some luck though & get the issue resolved as when you have the full package as you have its a major upheaval to move over.

If they gave some reliable information as in yes we are having contention problems in your area but we are doing an upgrade on x month & in the meantime he is some cash off your payment things might look better. Posts like this undo an awful lot of expensive advertising, & I would mail the CEO defiantly.

Like this post
mobileman1953

Likes # 0

virgin ceo email address is [email protected] have used it several times with good results

Like this post
fifty-and-some

Likes # 0

Thank you for the help.

I have emailed CEO, and had acknowledgment. I await developments.

I tried the forum, but I need an email from VM to get started. Twice asked for and not received.

To rub salt in, just received email that the cost of my package is going up by £4.10 per month.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Why BlackBerry isn't dead: Firm keeps Mercedes F1 team driving with enterprise package

IDG UK Sites

The iPhone is doomed. Doomed to be marginally less successful than a very successful thing.

IDG UK Sites

How to prototype native mobile apps without writing code

IDG UK Sites

How to prepare for and update to OS X Yosemite: Get your Mac ready to download & install Apple's...