We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

i need to buy a laptop with the following requirements, can you suggest anything

davefriskey

Likes # 0

Like this post
davefriskey

Likes # 0

Processor greater than or equal to 1GHz 32 or 64-bit. L2 cache 256 KB. Hard disk 40 GB with at least 15 GB available space. At least 1 GB RAM. CD-ROM 32X. Network interface card (NIC) 10BaseT or 100BaseTX (10 or 100 Mbps). Video adapter Support for DirectX9 graphics with: WDDM Driver, At least 128 MB graphics memory, Pixel Shader 2.0 in hardware, 32 bits per pixel. Monitor Super VGA (1024 x 768) resolution. To complete the Design Labs it is recommended that students have Installed Microsoft Expression Web 3 and Adobe Web Standard CS4.

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

That is a pretty basic specification and just about every laptop with a 15 inch screen or above will meet it. You will not get Microsoft Expression Web 3 or Adobe Web Standard CS4 installed as standard, so Google for best prices or try Software for students

Like this post
marvin42

Likes # 0

The spec given is the minimum required for the software. I suggest you look at Novatech and get the best you can afford - their cheapest machine is way above your minimum spec.

Like this post
The Kestrel

Likes # 0

In addition to the cost of your laptop, you will have to factor in the cost of the two software programs. Microsoft Expression Web 3 has now been superseded by the Web 4 version http://www.software4students.co.uk/MicrosoftExpressionWeb4-details.aspx?gclid=CKjlt7bY8K0CFe4htAodTHPatg. Adobe Web Standard CS4 seems to have been superseded by this http://www.adobe.software4students.co.uk/AdobeWebPremiumCS55StudentandTeacherEdition_PC-details.aspx

Like this post
The Kestrel

Likes # 0

Sorry about the links not working. Just go to the software4students web site to find the programs.

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

The Kestrel If you had checked my response you would see that I had already provided the link to Software4Students.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date, price and specs 2014

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 features wishlist: the changes iPhone and iPad users want in Apple's iOS 8

IDG UK Sites

25 Years of the World Wide Web: Happy Birthday, Intenet

IDG UK Sites

Developers get access to more Sony camera features