We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

LASER PRINTER ISSUE

johnland

Likes # 0

I have two laser printers - both HP: a 1022, no longer made and a 3500 (with fax,scan etc. Both are 1200 x 1200, but using the fast/pro res option in printer proerties in either machine , the 3500 gives a clearly heavier, better defined appearance. I want to replace my 1022 with a printer with superior print quality. I need only a mono laser printer and do not need any additional features at all.

The problem is that one is totally reliant on reviews, which is absurd. If I want to buy a hi-fi system, I have a chance to audition it! Not so with printers.

Any suggestions anyone?

Many thanks

John

Like this post
Diemmess

Likes # 0

Sorry this is both subjective and out of date, but you asked for experiences.

Have had two mono laser printers. the first a fairly cheap Epson which did all the things I had hoped for except the paper transport. This was abysmal particularly as it grew older, seemingly dragging a bunch of paper through at random.

Currently have an HP P2055 costing about £160. This has behaved very well and is fast and as sharp and shade-accurate with monochrome pictures as any I've seen.

It is no longer in production! You may have more useful help it you could give your price bracket and expected workload.

Like this post
johnland

Likes # 0

Many thanks Diemmess

My price bracket would be up to £250 - thyough my workload is not heavy at all. It is really the print quality I am after.

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

I've always found Kyocera Mita printers provide good quality with low running costs

FS-1120D

FS-1320D

OKI have also impressed me whenever I've used one, although the price may be more than you want to spend B431dn

Like this post
johnland

Likes # 0

many thanks for all the help. I have just seen the newish Samsung ML 2955, and that seems the one for me!

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

I have a Samsung CLP 325 and am very happy with it.

I rarely use the Colour function but it allows me to add a Coloured Letter Head/Logo to my Mail

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Google Fit vs Apple Health Kit: What's the difference?

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Introducing generation tech

IDG UK Sites

Government kills £50 million 'Silicon Roundabout' regeneration fund