We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Spybot last beta.

rdave13
Resolved

Likes # 0

Not sure how many of us at the forums use Spybot any more but the last beta 2.0 is looking good. Still a beta though. I'll be trying it from tonight and to see how it goes.

Worth a mention.

http://www.safer-networking.org/en/news/2011-10-06.html

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

keep us updated, had problems with old spybot might try the new version when final build comes out, used to like it.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

This is the new interface, Photobucket, I've disabled Live Protection (Tea Timer) as I'm running SAS professional. Will try immunizing later on to see what it puts in the hosts files.

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

rdave looks like there is plenty to play around with,thanks.

Like this post
QuizMan

Likes # 0

I have downloaded it to see how it fares. A full scan found a few odd bits and pieces where CCleaner is less invasive. Now, however, it insists on running a live check every time I open a new program/browser.

I have taken a quick shufti to switch this off, but without success. I will try again at the weekend when I have more time. It is rather annoying because I thought I had unticked everything automated at the install stage.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

In my link you can see 'live protection' top right. I had it paused then but just click on the words and select stop on all in the list that shows.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Correction, stop the live protection background service. You can also run it without scanning programs before they start by unticking the box.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

I've just noticed that it integrates to Google Chrome as well as Internet Explorer, so I'll have another go with Chrome.

Like this post
QuizMan

Likes # 0

rdave13 - thank you for live protection advice. However, it seems to me that it is trying to be all encompassing making it too complicated for the average user. Therefore, I have removed it and will rely on a combination of Norton, CCleaner and sensible browsing to stay safe.

Like this post
Input Overload

Likes # 0

I as many did used this some time ago, I thought about installing it until I looked at the screen-shot. It does look a bit ower complicated comparing it to Malwarebytes for instance.

I saw the other day using coupons the full version of Malwarebytes for £14.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

I will be keeping it for a while though not running the live protection as I have SAS pro doing that. On chrome it leaves an icon near the 'spanner' icon and shows the status. For a freebie 'live' antispyware I think it quite good.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Android One vs Android Silver vs Google Nexus: What is the difference?

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 review: Hands on with the iOS 8 beta

IDG UK Sites

Thinking robots: The philosophy of artificial intelligence and evolving technology

IDG UK Sites

How to shoot a robot rom-com in three days