We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

tablet over the top charging

lenocarps

Likes # 0

I have just bought a 7" tablet which was delivered to my local pub by the posty, as he phoned me first (what a good service).As we were going to be in there several hours i asked the landlady if she would charge it up for me at the end of the bar.The price for this service was one pound and i promptly paid. my question is how much do these things on average cost to charge or was it "over the top"

Like this post
canarieslover

Likes # 0

You were probably paying more than the cost of the electricity but as she was providing a service I would consider it to be O.K. Hope you tipped the postman as well.

Like this post
lenocarps

Likes # 0

Oh yes every xmas. But how much does it actually cost to charge one?

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

Without knowing the exact model you have this is just a guess.

The Charger / PSU will probably be USB, so it'll be outputting 5v DC @ 300ma. If plugged in for one hour you will have used 1.5Watt/hour.

Leccy costs about 14p per kW/hour, so you would have been using about 0.02p of electricity per hour...

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

That's 1/50 of a penny per hour, not 2p per hour

Like this post
lenocarps

Likes # 0

Ah good thanks for that.When i go in to see Joanna later (landlady in my local) i will pull her on that for excessive pricing by my calculation 5000%. Now if someone buys a pint for £1.50 and then sells it to me for £3.00 fair do,s. But thats a joke. I willing to bet even people on the black market do not make that sort of profit.Even worse i spend quite a bit of money in there every week.

Like this post
alB

Likes # 0

lenocarps, you might be looking for a new local before closing time :-) ...alB

Like this post
rickf

Likes # 0

Charging you a pound for the service is generous, she went out of her way to do you a favour. It's a bit over the top to be complaining aboiut this.

Like this post
canarieslover

Likes # 0

Just look on it as a 99.98p service charge.

Like this post
ton

Likes # 0

Two people that squeak by the sound of it. Her for charging for it and him for complaining at the price.

Like this post
BRYNIT

Likes # 0

£1 is a reasonable price.

You asked for a price, she gave a price, you accepted the price. She could have said no.

Consider how long it would have taken you to get home charge it up and then go back to the pub if you travelled by car how much it would cost in fuel.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best January sales 2015 UK tech deals LIVE: Best New Year bargains and savings on phones, tablets,...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Best Photoshop Tutorials 2014: 10 inspiring step-by-step guides to creating amazing art,...

IDG UK Sites

Complete guide to iPhone and iPad settings: Get to know iOS 8 Settings UPDATED