We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

What's the best PC for me?

Comy162

Likes # 0

Hey guys my name is andrew

I have been looking into getting a desktop for some time but I am scared to buy anything cause I'm never sure if I am getting the computer that I want and/or if it's the right price. So I am basically asking anyone if they can advise me on what to get or do. The computer I want must be able to do: - video rendering - decent games - store lots of videos - host small servers

I am currently using a laptop at the moment. It's a hp pavilion dv6 with an i5 at like 2.4 ghz, 500 gb hd, 8gb ram, and some ati graphics card with supposably 512 mb cache but seems to act like a intell built in graphics card.

I don't mind going for like custom pcs or a manufacture pc and I am willing to spend around the 8-900 mark because I want to sorta future proof it. I am also concerned that Witt he release of windows 8 soon ish and most proberly a new intell chip set that I am going to be buying at the wrong time.

Any help is greatly appreciated,

Thanks allot Andrew

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Future proof a Desktop is impossible in my opinion and even worse for a laptop. At least you can upgrade a desktop from mobo,CPU and upwards. You don't state the value you wish to spend, numbers mean nothing unless you state what currency is involved, but go for a Core i7 Intel. 8 Gig ram and the best graphics card you can afford.

Like this post
ICF

Likes # 0

Comy162 said *I am willing to spend around the 8-900 *

What hardware to look for in a PC

Just £99 over your budget

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nokia Lumia 930 review: The flagship Windows Phone 8.1 smartphone

IDG UK Sites

Live Blog: Apple financial results, record June quarter, 35.2m iPhones sold, $37.4b revenue

IDG UK Sites

Welcome to the upgrade cycle - you'll never leave

IDG UK Sites

Why smartphone screens are getting bigger