We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Anyone Use Pale Moon?

Input Overload

Likes # 0

I use Chrome as my main browser & have done for some time & I feel it has evolved into a stable fast browser that is perhaps for me the best.

I was looking on a software site I frequent yesterday & was intrigued by a (jumped up I thought) Mozilla based browser called 'Pale Moon'.

Just out of interest & mostly because I am an incurable fiddler & despite my brain saying leave well alone I decided to try PM. I also wanted to see if the posters high opinions who I respect regarding this modified Firefox were viable or not & why.

http://www.palemoon.org/

I was and still are very, very impressed with this Firefox lookalike, it seems to sort all the issues as to why Firefox is not on this PC despite many tries.

I might even keep Pale Moon on as the more I use it the more I like it, & although it is Firefox based it does not behave like Firefox 9.xx, even with the many tweaks I have tried.

If you use Windows & like Firefox I think you will love Pale Moon, if you love Chrome you might even like PM.

Like this post
HondaMan

Likes # 0

Thanks for this link. I have just downloaded it. Initial response is very favourable.

Like this post
ams4127

Likes # 0

I've been using it for a couple of weeks, on and off.

It certainly seems to be pretty good so far in it's overall performance. I haven't read anything yet as regards it's security.

Shows promise.

Like this post
Input Overload

Likes # 0

I've been using it all day & it's had some hammer, for me it's far better than the same version of FF I tried out a couple of weeks ago.

Thanks for replies :-)

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

PaleMoon distinguished itself by causing Norton to flag a high-risk malicious file warning (suspicious.cloud.7.F) in the file download and then refusing to run.

I'll give it a miss for now,and take a closer look when I have more time.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nexus 6 vs Sony Xperia Z3 comparison: Lollipop phablet takes on KitKat flagship smartphone

IDG UK Sites

Why people aren't upgrading to iOS 8: new features are for power users, not the average Joe

IDG UK Sites

Free rocket & space sounds: NASA launches archive of interstellar audio on SoundCloud

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 review: Insanely fast and alarmingly thin. Speed tests, camera tests, beautiful...