We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Guide to using E Bay

ams4127
Resolved

Likes # 0

I've got a few odds and sods to sell so want to start using Ebay.

I have an account with them and also a Paypal account.

Can anyone please recommend a good website/book or whatever, which will show me how to go about using Ebay and any pitfalls to avoid.

FE, if you consider that this would be better in Consumerwatch I would be most grateful if you would move it. Thanks.

Like this post
Covergirl

Likes # 0

How about eBays own guides - accessible via the Sell menu item.

Sorry if that's no help to you but I found it useful once or twice.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Moved to Consumerwatch from Speakers Corner.

Like this post
ams4127

Likes # 0

FE, Thanks

Like this post
ams4127

Likes # 0

Covergirl

Thanks. I had thought of that but really wanted some kind of book to have propped open in front of me while using Ebay for the first couple of times.

I'm really looking for people's personal recommendations from their experiences on Ebay.

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

Pop down to the library and borrow one of the many dummies type guides to eBay, they all say pretty much the same things

Like this post  
ams4127

Likes # 0

alan14

Brilliant idea! Thank you.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

If you are anywhere near PC World, then look at the books in there. They usually carry a number of books about eBay, one of which might catch your eye than the others!.

Would suggest that you look at eBay's own selling tools on their website.

Like this post
ams4127

Likes # 0

spuds

Thanks. I'll have a look in the library first and, if there's nothing there, I'll follow your suggestion.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nokia Lumia 530 review: £60 smartphone offers decent build and performance, awful screen and...

IDG UK Sites

Apps watch: What the NFL can teach UK sports such as cricket and rugby

IDG UK Sites

VFX Emmy: Game of Thrones work garners gong for Rodeo FX

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 release date, rumours, video, UK price & images: Video shows 'new, reversable iPhone 6 cha'......