We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Looking for a GOOD laptop!

inuaddict

Likes # 0

Hello! So as the title indicates, I'm looking for a new laptop. I'm just about ready to chuck my current laptop in the garbage, as it has been nothing but headache since I purchased it! I currently have the HP Pavilion dv6-1260se Artist Edition 2, purchased from Best Buy 2ish years ago. It over heated constantly (it's currently in the shop having its hard drive replaced for the second time...), many sound problems, the custom theme was really buggy, battery life sucked... just not a good laptop for me :(. So! since it's warranty is almost up, I'm starting my search for a new one. thing's i use my laptop for:

Sims 2 & 3 player (I play with a lot of custom/downloaded items), Online games such as S4, World of Warcraft, I watch TONNES of anime and movies, I'm constantly on the computer, so I'd prefer not to burn the skin off my lap after each use >.<, OH! and i am a student :).

I prefer to have the full keyboard, but it's not a necessity. I spend about $1600 after tax and 3 year warranty on my HP, so I'm looking to spend about the same.

Suggestions? I'll probably be purchasing it from Best Buy or Future Shop, mainly due to the warranty they offer.

Many thanks :)

Like this post
Ford Prefect 01

Likes # 0

Are you in the UK or the US?

I only ask as the models may well be different.

Like this post
inuaddict

Likes # 0

I'm actually in Canada.

Like this post
techboyz

Likes # 0

There are many types of laptops to look out for. During the holiday season you can get special promotions that may be offered.

I would suggest a desktop replacement laptop for you needs either a HP or Dell. You best bet is too look on their website.

For internet access click here mobile broadband is a good option. Some offers allow you to pay monthly too.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

You'll need to spend about $1,567 to get a reasonable gaming laptop in my most humble opinion. Forget the extra warranty and if that makes it possible to get an even more expensive model, then go for it. Better specs for same price compared to two years ago. Toshiba maybe?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nokia Lumia 530 review: £60 smartphone offers decent build and performance, awful screen and...

IDG UK Sites

Apps watch: What the NFL can teach UK sports such as cricket and rugby

IDG UK Sites

Dell adds Intel processor to new Wyse thin client

IDG UK Sites

How to win iTunes Festival 2014 tickets: See Pharrell Williams, Ed Sheeran, Paolo Nutini, Kylie &...