We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Convenient Pricerise

morddwyd

Likes # 0

Need a new radio and have been keeping an eye on the on-line price from a major retailer, and waiting to see what Santa might bring first.

Between 8.00am and 8.00pm yesterday the price suddenly shot up by £40.

What's the betting there'll be a massive reduction of around £40 just in time for the Boxing Day sale?

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

In contrast, at my local Lidl today, I got a few genuine bargains. They had several BIG cardboard boxes dotted around the store - every item in the boxes was priced at £1.

Luckily because I have long arms, I could reach down to near the bottom and have a good rummage.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

...reminded me of some of my bird feeding stations...the birds with longer beaks get most of the 'freebies' :0]

Like this post
BRYNIT

Likes # 0

alan14

You are correct a product can be sold at a higher price for 28 days within the last 6 Months but the product must not have been offered at a different price between that 28 day period and the day when the reduced price is first offered.

Like this post
proudfoot

Likes # 0

We keep a check on the cost of normal weekly supermarket purchases. Recently we have mmade a killing buying Clover, strong mature cheddar tea coffee cooking oil fish and many other items mostly at or near 50% discount. Some can be stored in a cool place others we put in the freezer. These hare true discounts having paid the regular price in the past. We also keep a check online for possible future purchases. I have been looking for a woolsports jacket my wife found a discount code online that allowed me to buy 2 for the price of one had been for somee months. These were purchased direct from the manufacturers site. Obviously other retailers are marking up at least 100%.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

I was wrong.

The price has oust gone up again, making an increase of 100% since Christmas Eve.

I'm still cynical enough to expect to see it at "Half Price" before too long!

Like this post
BRYNIT

Likes # 0

You could be right, a price increase like this looks like they are pricing it ready for the next sale.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

Lidl have 'discretely' lowered the alcoholic strength of one of their beers (it's in a green/red can) from 4.0% to 3.8%.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

This is not a repeat...Lidl have again 'discretely' lowered the alcoholic strength of one of their beers (it's in a green/red can) from 3.8% to 3.6%. from the initial 4.0%.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

...and they have lost a good customer...as I will not be buying it anymore.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

LED vs Halogen: Why now could be the right time to invest in LED bulbs

IDG UK Sites

Christmas' best ads: See great festive spots studios have created to promote themselves and clients

IDG UK Sites

Why Apple shouldn't be blamed for exploitation in China and Indonesia