We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Convenient Pricerise

morddwyd

Likes # 0

Need a new radio and have been keeping an eye on the on-line price from a major retailer, and waiting to see what Santa might bring first.

Between 8.00am and 8.00pm yesterday the price suddenly shot up by £40.

What's the betting there'll be a massive reduction of around £40 just in time for the Boxing Day sale?

Like this post
The Kestrel

Likes # 0

Surely you are not being cynical about the pricing of sales items at our major retail outlets!!! LOL.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

The law states that a product must have been offered for sale at the higher price for at least a month prior to the 'sale' price being advertised.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

But not necessarily on-line!

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

What's the betting there'll be a massive reduction of around £40 just in time for the Boxing Day sale?

Maybe more like £20.

Many an article I have seen with the sale price higher than the original price.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

I have been watching some of Argos prices. Price reductions, yet literature states that price was lower previously?.

Now where's my yo-yo!.

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

Forum Editor

If I recall correctly the price only needs to have been sold at a higher price at one outlet for a period of 28 days in the last 6 months.

So it could have been sold in one branch, for 5 days a month over the last 6 months.

This is only for products described as Sale products, there's also clearence offers, end of line offers, roll-backs, manager's specials etc, none of these have any restrictions

Like this post
Zurdo

Likes # 0

I bought a food processor from Currys last week. £59.99 reduced from £149.99 they said. It's now £139.99 online!

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Saved a lot of Dough on that purchace.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Its been a very strange year with supposed price wars, because if you follow most of the commercial business's, their prices seem to be based on 'what they can convince the public its worth'.

We use re-chargeable 1/2/3 million candlepower lamps, and were seeking a possible replacement a month ago (cheaper to buy new unit, that a new re-chargeable lead acid/gel battery). Decided to look at Halfords prices and found that they had reduced the 1 million candlepowers from £14.99 to £9.99. Made a instore purchase last Friday, and the receipt states the item at £14.99 on special offer £9.99. When I checked the website on Friday, then phoned the local Halfords about stock, there was a query as to what the price was on the website.

Had we decided to purchase a (similar Silverline brand?) 1 million candlepower lamp from another source, we could have received that item for £8.49 delivery included. Didn't order the Silverline branded product, because I am having a few problems with that brand. Halfords would have been the better option for returns.

Like this post
Zurdo

Likes # 0

You're right there Buteman. They'd chopped the price so I used my loaf for once. Hope it doesn't turn out to be a turkey. Happy Christmas!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

New iPhone 6 review: best ever iPhone is very good... but no longer the best phone you can buy

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...