We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Firefox 9 now available

TopCat®
Resolved

Likes # 0

More details. here TC.

Like this post
Condom

Likes # 0

Please please let it be faster than the last offering. What has become of Firefox?

Like this post
TopCat®

Likes # 0

Apparently it is faster; see last paragraph of details posted. TC.

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

version 9.01 now out

Like this post  
BJN

Likes # 0

seems to be more stable than version 8 it's not yet crashed, lets hope they have fixed the crash bugs as myself and a few friends have been frustrated with the unstable version 8.

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

There is also a version 10 beta which so far (two days) has been crash free and responsive on my machine.

Like this post
Input Overload

Likes # 0

After using Chrome for some time & applying many updates I decided it was time for a total removal & a re-install to remove unused program parts. I did this & removed all relevant registry & program entries, then I did a C:\ image.

I also decided to give Firefox another whirl as I haven't run it for some time & read about the latest java speed boosts etc. I must say I liked the themes etc. & was quite pleased & felt maybe I could live with it. After a few days & when I had given it some serious use I realised it was much like a face-lifted car that looks modern & full of extras but underneath it's clunky & dated.

Yesterday imaged back a week & re-installed Chrome & it was like a breath of fresh air. I can't see me giving either Firefox or Opera another try - You of course may feel differently?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Moto G2 (2014) vs Moto E comparison review: New Moto G is worth the extra cash

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Oculus Rift 'Crescent Bay' prototype hands-on: it's an amazing experience

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...