We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

N class routers

sneaky4343

Likes # 0

I am currently waiting for an N class router to arrive and just wanted to ask does xbox 360 and windows vista laptops work with an N class router

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

An N class router should also be backwards compatible with b and g wireless standards. Therefore if the wireless adaptor in the laptop or XBox isn't up to N standard then they will connect but not be able to take advantage of the the N standard.

I assume that you have a XBox 360 wireless adaptor. Is it N standard? Which laptop? Many are capable of N. It doesn't depend on Vista but the hardware.

Like this post
sneaky4343

Likes # 0

the xbox 360 has built in wireless it's one of the latest that were made last year and the laptop is an acer 5738z

Like this post
sneaky4343

Likes # 0

acer aspire 5738z i meant

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

From what I can find the Acer has N standard. The XBox probably has too.

Like this post
sneaky4343

Likes # 0

nice one bud

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK: Today's bargains phones, tablets, laptops and more for Black...

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday feeding frenzy infects the UK

IDG UK Sites

VAT MOSS: Will I be affected by the EU VAT changes? Here are the facts for designers and artists

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 UK: Apple deals, Amazon deals & Black Friday tech offers