We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Phillips TV sound

Housten

Likes # 0

Good morning,

I hope some one can help with what I regard as an annoying problem!

We - my wife and I, that is - bought a Phillips TV by internet almost 5 years ago [ so well out of warranty ], and on the whole it has been good. But at the end of last week the sound of ITV1 suddenly went down, well down. We tried our 'portable' in the bedroom and the sound was OK!. As it is still well down does anyone have any idea as to why only that channel is/should be affected? Do we give it a bit of time or do we have to get an engineer out to have a look at it? Any advice/help/information will be most welcome.

Many thanks in advance.

Like this post
BRYNIT

Likes # 0

When was the last time you retuned the channels on your TV?

If its just ITV its likely to be a signal problem your TV may not have found the strongest signal.

Retuning the TV may rectify the problem. Do not just scan for more channels.

Like this post
Housten

Likes # 0

BRYNIT,

Many thanks! We had discussed - and dismissed - that idea as we thought that more than one channel would have shifted. But I will certainly try your solution!!

Like this post
SparkyJack

Likes # 0

Certainly retune as discussed. Also aerial- moy have moved[drooped] out of line by a fraction. I occasionally get block drop outs and other funnies from a clutch of Free View channels whilst all others are OK.

Fortunately the Aerial is in the loft so it is only a moments job to go there a give it a little poke. Anoyj thing to check is all the Co-Ax coontactors - a twist may be all thats needed- or pull out and re connect.

Like this post
Housten

Likes # 0

BRYNIT,

Did a re-tune and then mucked up most of the rest of our terrestial channels as well!! So retuned all of them and now not only do we have the sound back to 'normal' on ITV BUT we now have stereo on most of the other channels as well!! Brilliant!!

Many, many thanks for your help and suggestions!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Moto G2 (2014) vs Moto E comparison review: New Moto G is worth the extra cash

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Oculus Rift 'Crescent Bay' prototype hands-on: it's an amazing experience

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...