We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Toshiba laptop purchase thereoff

Teaboy

Likes # 0

I am Thinking of buying a Toshiba Satellite C670D-11K 17.3" laptop, and would appreciate views from any forum member who have experenced any use of this machine.

I would also appreciate Views of Toshiba equipment in general.

Thank you for your help.

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

I have bought 2 Toshiba laptops in the last year (wife + grand daughter) They were 15in Satellite models bought from John Lewis as they give a 2 year warranty. My local repair shop says that Toshiba snd Asus (parent of Acer) seem to be the most reliable of the laptop family and he can get spare parts more easily than other brands. Both are very good (5i, 500gig HD etc). Sorry I cannot comment on your specific model. Also see here:

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forums/2/consumerwatch/4099180/advice-required-on-choosing-laptop/

Like this post
polish

Likes # 0

bought one in january 2011 a couple of months ago the power supply packed in and was replaced in about 3 days sent from germany good service.otherwise very happy with the laptop.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

I am a big fan of Toshiba laptops. I've had several, and none of them has ever let me down in any way. I don't have any experience of the model you've referred to, but if it's up to the normal Toshiba build quality you'll be pleased with it.

Any make of computer can give trouble, and I'm sure there are people who have experienced problems with Toshiba machines. We don't see many complaints about them in the forum however.

Like this post
ventanas

Likes # 0

I've had one for about three years. Only problem has been a keyboard replacement, which was a bit more involved than some other makes. Took about ten minutes.

As a comparison, I replaced my wife's Acer laptop keyboard in about 30 seconds.

Like this post
Teaboy

Likes # 0

Thanks everbody, I'm happy with this result and will buy.

(a modest Christmas present for me).

I've been through previous threads and found nothing detrimental regarding this company.

Again thank you.

Merry Christmas. T

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nexus 6 vs Sony Xperia Z3 comparison: Lollipop phablet takes on KitKat flagship smartphone

IDG UK Sites

Why people aren't upgrading to iOS 8: new features are for power users, not the average Joe

IDG UK Sites

Free rocket & space sounds: NASA launches archive of interstellar audio on SoundCloud

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 review: Insanely fast and alarmingly thin. Speed tests, camera tests, beautiful...