We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Is it time I changed from IE8 to IE9?

Pepper9
Resolved

Likes # 0

I have W7 and wonder if it is now OK to update to !E9? I had heard earlier that it was best to stay with IE8 but as time has gone on maybe IE9 has stabalised?

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

I still cannot download statements for my credit card with IE9. Firefox is fine.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

There is no use me trying to download empty statements from my bank then.

Xp users can only download I/E 8.

Wonder what will happen next year when even Vista users will not be able to download I/E 10.

I use I/E8 on this computer and have just downloaded I/E9 on my other one.

No address bar and the silly box on the bottom that keeps popping up at asking you if you want to remove add ons gets on my nerves.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

buteman, have a look here.

I've changed it to 10 seconds and now no more annoying pop-up.

Like this post
Condom

Likes # 0

I have been with IE9 for some time and I have no problems downloading statements or anything else from my banks. OK I still preferred the look of the older IE8 but I understand that getting IE9 to look like IE 8 is not a big problem should anyone wish to do so. I aslo use Firefox but that seems to be getting steadily worse as has been commented upon in many places not just in PCA. I also have Chrome but seldom use it as again it looks different to what I am used to although it does appear to work well and quickly.

I'm glad that Microsoft has gone down this route and my only wish is that they make a better job of it than they do with Windows Live, especially Messenger Live.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Condom

Funny old world but the Windows Live feature is also an improvement for me. Mail and Messenger working well. Like everything else if it works then OK. If not then some settings or corrupt installation perhaps to blame.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

rdave13

Thanks for that.It was set at 10 seconds and I had to set it to 30 seconds to remove the red line.

I went back in and the slowest time for one of the add ons was 4 seconds.So reduced the 30 back to 10 and that annoying pop up has gone.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

buteman, remember the decimal point? Brought in, in our time at school, I think?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Swatch to release its own line of smartwatches to rival iWatch

IDG UK Sites

From the iPhone 6 to the iWatch and a new Apple TV we look at the products Apple is set to launch...

IDG UK Sites

Miranda July's Somebody app offers a very unusual take on messaging

IDG UK Sites

The 7 most ridiculous iPhone 6 rumours: what Apple WON'T reveal on 9 September