We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Dodgy Pricing ?

flycatcher1

Likes # 0

Today I looked on the web to find a new, particular, loo seat (don't ask). I found a good deal at £54.47, the price had been reduced. I telephoned the firm to check on delivery times and made the order on the phone. Forgot to confirm the final price plus delivery so called back and was told that the actual price was £75.01. The chap confirmed the higher price but after a long search he finally found the lower figure and the order was changed.

Later today I checked the website again and found the price to be £75.01 with no hint of a reduction. I was called away for a few minutes and when I came back the price was now £67.82.I called the firm again and was told that there had been work taking place on their website but confirmed the lower price. I await the invoice with interest, what should I do if it is not the one confirmed on the phone?

Like this post
flycatcher1

Likes # 0

I thought that one dodgy Christmas order was enough and then another one turned up. Last Monday I made an internet order with a reputable firm in Jersey. The price included VAT with free delivery - three to four days. This morning I asked why no delivery and was told that it would be looked into. This afternoon Parcel Force provided me with a bill for VAT plus a Handling Charge.

Firm say it is a Customs error it is VAT paid and will be delivered tomorrow. We live in hope but at least I have all the paper work.

Like this post
flycatcher1

Likes # 0

Success both orders delivered safely this morning, but lesson learned.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

45 Best Android games: top Android games for your smartphone or tablet in 2014 (24 are free!)

IDG UK Sites

How Apple, Adobe, Microsoft and others have let us down over UltraHD and hiDPI screens

IDG UK Sites

Miranda July's Somebody app offers a very unusual take on messaging

IDG UK Sites

iPad Pro release date, rumours and leaked images - 12.9 screen 'coming in 2015'