We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

ping test

sneaky4343

Likes # 0

when performing a ping test is it best to choose the location closer to my home to get best results?

Like this post
sneaky4343

Likes # 0

10.5mb thats impressive i've never had that speed in the whole 6 months we been with them and we only live a mile away from exchange. also regarding the LLU they wont say whats causing it at the moment they just saying that bt's rain team is currently investigating. 3 weeks though its a long time

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

If you say that the whole street is having the same problem, and also "bt's rain team is currently investigating", then there is your answer, and it wouldn't make the slightest difference to what test you conduct from your side. There is a fault with your line, which apparently might be caused by water and/or poor connections some where in the system, which can only be rectified by BT, if and when they find the problem.

I am with TalkTalk, and my connections suffered with poor speeds, which took a few months to rectify, because BT and TalkTalk knew there was a problem (and still do), but were unable to locate the precise problem. Parts in the exchange were changed, as were items outside the exchange, including inside my home. I am approx 1.3 miles from the exchange and according to BT and TalkTalk my speed should be 6Mb. I am now getting about 5Mb, which is a big improvement from about 1Mb, that I had previously.

In my case I ended up with direct contact phone and email details for TalkTalk higher level management and BT's own engineers, with contacts and reports on a very regular basis.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

45 Best Android games: top Android games for your smartphone or tablet in 2014 (24 are free!)

IDG UK Sites

How Apple, Adobe, Microsoft and others have let us down over UltraHD and hiDPI screens

IDG UK Sites

Do you have the X-Factor too? Mix Off app puts fans in the frame

IDG UK Sites

iPad Pro release date, rumours and leaked images - 12.9 screen 'coming in 2015'