We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Philips TV screen saver?

muddypaws
Resolved

Likes # 0

I have a Philips 32PFL5405H/05. I have been through the user manuals and am unable to find a screen saver option to use when playing a load of mp3 files to avoid any possible screen burn from the album cover display. I can use the 'Home' button to bring up the home screen and could also use the 'Scenea' option for a photo. I am looking for a 'floater' type effect. Wondered if anyone has found anything.

Thanks.

Like this post
NORFOLK SPARKY

Likes # 0

Do you need a screen saver. I thought that was only needed with CRT TV not with new LCD or plasma

Like this post
muddypaws

Likes # 0

NORFOLK SPARKY You may be right. Will Google it.

Like this post
muddypaws

Likes # 0

Found this, although thread was started in 2006. screen burn

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

It's image persistence in an LCD TV that you have to watch out for LCD TV's. However I think that the chances of it being permanent are low. What does the manual state about leaving it on a static image?

Like this post
muddypaws

Likes # 0

Woolwell The online manual doesn't mention it strangely. I think I will occasionally switch to the menu screen that is basically dark grey or black. I posted as I have loaded about 2-3 hours of Xmas music onto a usb and I was concerned about the bright mp3 logo in the centre of the screen.

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Hands-on with Sony's latest smartglasses

IDG UK Sites

Apple TV setup advice: Apple TV hacks to help you create the ultimate Apple TV hub in your home