We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

DinoPC service quality!!!!!

PhiFab5

Likes # 0

Hi there, Bought (and paid) a Desktop PC from DinoPC beginning of November. It was partly delivered (missing screen) at the end of November. Since then and despite e-mail enquiry there is no way to get any kind of update from them. That is really poor customer service quality. Did anyone else experience same thing? How did it end? Thanks for any advice, PhiFab5

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

It is always best to check Customer reviews before using a company that you have never tried before.

Not sure if the Forum Editor could help you as he has lots of Contacts with some computer providers.

If he sees this he will probably reply but if in a hurry to get it fixed maybe e-mail him 0n the contact forum editor above.

Not saying he will be able to help but if anyone can he can.

Like this post
Jameslayer

Likes # 0

They are currently getting reviewed in the magazine so im sure someone in the office must have know someone in the company.

Like this post
PhiFab5

Likes # 0

Many thanks for your posts. Let's hope somehow they will get moving! Having this PC without screen is useless.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Did the company provide any explanation as to why your monitor was missing?

Like this post
Bexie_S

Likes # 0

Hi!

Suffering in a similar position to you PhiFab5! Ordered a new PC and monitor in mid November, and they sent just the PC unit around 3 weeks later with a note in to advise the monitor I had ordered was out of stock with no details of when it will be delivered. Spent a few hours on hold on the telephone to find out what was going on, and when I finally did get through to someone (at 4:55pm) they were helpful, but I needed the monitor before the expected date that they were coming back in stock. In the end I decided to arrange collection of the PC unit and requested a full refund.

2 weeks later and I have no refund as yet, although I know that technically they are entitled to up to 30 days to do that. Yet rather bizarrely the monitor has randomly been delivered this morning, so I have sent an email requesting another collection and am currently awaiting their response.

However, my experience of this company has not been of the standard I was expecting - hours and hours to get through on the telephone, and when they received my PC Unit return they contacted me to find out what the technical problem was even though I have been very clear that I am returning the item under the 7 day cooling off period.

I am extremely disappointed with the service received from Dino PC, especially as I went to them as a friend of mine had such professional and efficient service literally a week before I placed my order. Emails do seem to be the best way of getting in touch, with the added bonus that it saves your sanity from hours and hours of those bongo's whilst you're on hold.....

I will let you know how chasing my refund goes......... :)

Like this post
HondaMan

Likes # 0

very poor standard of service. Not what I would have expected on them.

Like this post
jb_sharx

Likes # 0

I also had a problem with my PC. The sound did not work from the headphone socket on the front - followed instructions in the manual exactly to no avail. Eventually called support. Helpful at first. Had me test the rear socket - which was fine. Said I could use that ... yes, he was serious - so I told him I didn't pay for a system with a non-functioning headphone socket so he would have to do better.

Eventually he had me remove the side of the PC and check the seating of the plug in the motherboard. Now then, I paid a lot of money to have a working system built - this type of activity was precisely what I was trying to avoid by paying someone else to do the build for me. The socket was seated fine. The support guy Ali had said he would be there when I called back. He wasn't - mind you it was 16:45 on a Friday but nonetheless if someone says they'll wait then that's what I expect.

How did it end? Well, I unplugged the plug from the motherboard and found that there were actually two plugs on the end of the cable - one marked AC97 which was plugged in and the other was marked HD. So, as a blind guess I swapped them over, reasoning that it wasn't working anyway so potential harm impact was minimal - it was obviously from the same device. Blow me if it didn't work ... mind you the rear ones may not now but I won't be using those anyway.

All this was rather a shame because the system is really rather good. Nonetheless, it soured the experience for me and I will not use them again. For me, an online supplier has one chance and their support was unimpressive.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

LED vs Halogen: Why now could be the right time to invest in LED bulbs

IDG UK Sites

Christmas' best ads: See great festive spots studios have created to promote themselves and clients

IDG UK Sites

Why Apple shouldn't be blamed for exploitation in China and Indonesia