We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

What happens IF i buy a sofa & it dont fit?

Autoschediastic

Likes # 0

Hi guys can anyone tell me i am thinking of buying a new sofa x2 3 seaters there has been some issues in the past trying to get big sofa's in here so what would happen lets say if i ordered one from DFS and they couldnt get it in the house? would i be left with it.? Thanks

Like this post
Kevscar1

Likes # 0

Ask them

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

Your lumbered with new garden furniture! You ordered it so you should know the doors it has to go through.

Like this post
johndrew

Likes # 0

I think it likely they would expect you to have used a tape measure before ordering. If you do provide them with all dimensions of access and location they should either agree to deliver and install or decline to sell to you. If they accept and it fails to fit then you had better be certain your dimensions were correct!!

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

Yes, I would say the best thing is to give them the dimensions of doors, passageways or whatever the doubtful area is and see if they will try. You may be able to negotiate this, but might have to offer to pay towards the delivery if the goods can't be got in.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

I was lucky to get a large, heavy 3 seater, leather settee, delivered into my house, a 1 up flat...just.

The two burley chaps that managed the colossal feat, had to take the feet off, and persuade it to go thru' several door frames at very odd angles!

But they managed it. It was a freebie from my neice.

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

Legally, if the goods are satisfactory, title passes to you when you pay for them. Only if a sellers representative cane to hour house and promised they would get in would you have a claim. Of course companies like to keep your goodwill so may help. If I were you I would make a cardboard mock up of the item to test it before purchase.I have a DFS leather sofa that comes apart int 3 sections.

Like this post
Graphicool1

Likes # 0

Autoschediastic

Here you go this is what you want...

CLICK HERE

"You can order safely either via the website, over the phone or in person at our showroom. We accept all major credit and debit cards except American Express.

You can cancel or change your sofa order at any point prior to delivery. In addition, if you do not want your sofa for any reason, (within 14 days of delivery) we will come and collect it. There will be no charge whatsoever, we will refund you in full and we will do our best to be big about it.

How much is delivery?

Delivery is FREE within approximately 50 miles or 90 minutes of London (in our little vans)."

Like this post
Graphicool1

Likes # 0

Further to my suggestion above, i neither own or work for this company.

I don't know wether they still do, but they used to produce 'Flat Pack' sofa's. We had to buy one, because we rent a Park Home and all the doors are narrower than those of a regular house.

Like this post
HondaMan

Likes # 0

I suppose the answer is: go and see it, but order it online or on the 'phone. That way if the thing doesn't fit you can return it under the Distance Selling Regs.

Like this post
Autoschediastic

Likes # 0

Many thanks everyone for your help i will research the sofas now!

cheers

A

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nokia Lumia 530 review: £60 smartphone offers decent build and performance, awful screen and...

IDG UK Sites

Apps watch: What the NFL can teach UK sports such as cricket and rugby

IDG UK Sites

Game of Thrones VFX work wins Emmy for Rodeo FX

IDG UK Sites

How to win iTunes Festival 2014 tickets: See Pharrell Williams, Ed Sheeran, Paolo Nutini, Kylie &...